No Games - 22 & 29 Jun (aka Hosts Needed)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2011
      No Games - 22 & 29 Jun (aka Hosts Needed)

      (Lets see if this gets through Yahoo to the list this week…..)

      LAST WEEK:

      Despite some confusion, Tim, Ben, and Lawrence did arrive for games.  And Lawrence brought Cadwallon: City of Thieves  which we tried.  This is a game where players manage a team of 4 thieves that are moving about a city (the game map) attempting to secure treasures there.  In the town are neutral characters that players can use to attack other players (as well as directly attacking them with their own characters.)  Characters have unique abilities, but players do gain “Arcana” cards which can be used to utilize these same abilities.   The “action” is dictated by a scenario card which dictates any special rules as well as when the thieves can leave the city to “bank” their treasures as they become victory points.   This is a quick game (in theory), but we did take a bit of time understanding the rules as well as the initial play.  Once we got going, the game flowed along at a reasonable clip.  The initial scenario has a repository of money (can be converted to VPs also) that can be stolen (but at the cost of some VPs for using the necessary keys and scroll).  Rich did make the first plunder of this repository which seems to have placed a target on his characters as they found themselves repeatedly under attack in an attempt to steal their treasures.  Once the “Alarm” was sounded and the thieves raced to exit, the fighting was a bit diminished as characters organized to be out of the city before the end of the last turn.   Tim did have a nice stack of money with his characters, but Ben had been accumulating treasures and sets and just edged out Lawrence for second place.

      Tim:  44    /   Ben:  41    /    Lawrence: 40    /    Rich: 20

      THIS WEEK (actually next 2 weeks):

      As the subject line indicates, I have conflicts both this week and next and am unable to host.  If anyone wishes to host, please feel free to post to the list.  Should be available the first in July…see you all then.