Re: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 1 Jun

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      I'm stuck at work so I will not be able to join you this week.

      Jeff

      On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Jeff Hammond <hammondjeffs@...> wrote:
      There is a good chance I'll be there but I won't know for sure until a few hours before.  I'll let you know then.

      Jeff

      On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...> wrote:

      LAST WEEK:

      With 5 players, we did give HIGH FRONTIER another try.  As per several recommendations, we did start by dealing a card to each player, but with a full allotment of 5 players this did seem to drain the technology decks a bit much.  And more to the point, gave some players a good combination of items while others got stuck with a poorer mix.  Granted as beginners we tend to be focused on working with what we have and arent trading rocket parts as much as we might need to do.  Tim seemed to get the right stuff and was on his way to the moon to rather quickly to get a factory established there.  Rich and Dave were struggling with their assigned rocket parts trying to figure out what to do.  Dave had lots of mass to lift and move around while Rich was at the other extreme, low thrust solar devices.  Ben and Jay (both new to the game) were trying to get their heads around the system.   We did call the game when we hit the time limit.  This game still presents challenges, but we are still trying to crack this nut

      THIS WEEK:

      Open to any and all suggestions Rather than suggest something, lets get a head count of how many players and I will select some suggestions for Wednesday.  If you have a preference, list that in your RSVP.