RE: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night

  • Sterling
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003

      Tuesday will not work for me.  I’ll sit this week out and see you next week.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night

        Wednesday is fine for me.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
          Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night

          I can do Wednesday at your house.  I should be able to host on the 10th.

          --
          Best Regards,
          Michael Campbell

          *********************************
          Michael Campbell Design
          Design That Takes Aim

          3864 West Las Positas Blvd.
          Pleasanton, CA  94588

          925.462.0587
          Fax: 925.462.0585

          http://www.mcampbell.com
        • Michael Campbell
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
            Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night My house it is.

            See you and Sterling here tomorrow at 6:30.

            --
            Best Regards,
            Michael Campbell
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003
              We played two games tonight: Through the Desert and Puerto Rico
              (**denotes game winner)

              Through the Desert - **Michael (73)/Jeff (71)/Sterling (70)
              This Reiner Knizia game is a fun, lite variation of the Japanese game Go. Players
              vie for waterholes, oasis-locations, and bragging rights to the "longest caravan."
              Sterling and Jeff went head-to-head trying to cordone off vast amounts of desert
              real estate while Michael quietly connected oasis locations. Jeff had the longest
              caravan in three of the five colors (including a last minute "snag" of the green
              caravan) Despite this last minute blunder, Michael came out on top by a camel's
              eyelash.

              Puerto Rico - **Jeff (56)/**Michael (56)/Sterling (39)
              Occupation choices became predictable at points in this game. At times we had
              "Jeff the Builder," "Mike the Mayor" and "Sterling the Settler." Jeff and Sterling's
              early acquisition of factories assured they had plenty of money for buildlings.
              Michael's monopoly of the tobacco market helped keep the victory points
              flowing. Despite locking up the sugar market and the quarries, Sterling struggled
              to get his goods on board a ship. Jeff and Michael ended the game in a tie with
              exactly 56 victory points, 7 goods, and no dubloons.

              NEXT WEEK (SEPT 10th): Jeff Hammond will host next week's session. We will
              play Dr. Knizia's Samurai (...but only if you can make it Sean). See you next week
              at 6:30 pm.