Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night

  • Michael Campbell
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2003
      Tuesday would be fine for me.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Michael Campbell
    • Sterling
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003

        Tuesday will not work for me.  I’ll sit this week out and see you next week.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night

          Wednesday is fine for me.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
            Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night

            I can do Wednesday at your house.  I should be able to host on the 10th.

            Are you available? Perhaps we should go ahead with Wednesday and have it at either Jeff's or my house.

            Sterling are you up for Wednesday?

            Let me know.
            --
            Best Regards,
            Michael Campbell

            *********************************
            Michael Campbell Design
            Design That Takes Aim

            3864 West Las Positas Blvd.
            Pleasanton, CA  94588

            925.462.0587
            Fax: 925.462.0585

            http://www.mcampbell.com
          • Michael Campbell
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
              Re: [trivalleygamers] 3 Sept 2003 Gaming Night My house it is.

              See you and Sterling here tomorrow at 6:30.

              --
              Best Regards,
              Michael Campbell
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003
                We played two games tonight: Through the Desert and Puerto Rico
                (**denotes game winner)

                Through the Desert - **Michael (73)/Jeff (71)/Sterling (70)
                This Reiner Knizia game is a fun, lite variation of the Japanese game Go. Players
                vie for waterholes, oasis-locations, and bragging rights to the "longest caravan."
                Sterling and Jeff went head-to-head trying to cordone off vast amounts of desert
                real estate while Michael quietly connected oasis locations. Jeff had the longest
                caravan in three of the five colors (including a last minute "snag" of the green
                caravan) Despite this last minute blunder, Michael came out on top by a camel's
                eyelash.

                Puerto Rico - **Jeff (56)/**Michael (56)/Sterling (39)
                Occupation choices became predictable at points in this game. At times we had
                "Jeff the Builder," "Mike the Mayor" and "Sterling the Settler." Jeff and Sterling's
                early acquisition of factories assured they had plenty of money for buildlings.
                Michael's monopoly of the tobacco market helped keep the victory points
                flowing. Despite locking up the sugar market and the quarries, Sterling struggled
                to get his goods on board a ship. Jeff and Michael ended the game in a tie with
                exactly 56 victory points, 7 goods, and no dubloons.

                NEXT WEEK (SEPT 10th): Jeff Hammond will host next week's session. We will
                play Dr. Knizia's Samurai (...but only if you can make it Sean). See you next week
                at 6:30 pm.