Invitation to Games - 1 Dec

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2010
      Invitation to Games - 1 Dec

      LAST WEEK:

      A larger turnout for games as we welcomed Jay for the first time to the group.  From the list of 5P candidate games, we decided to give FACTORY MANAGER a try.  Players are running (managing?) a factory into which they can add machines to increase production or storage.  The key to the game is that each machine might need workers to operate the machine and needs energy to run.  Workers that arent running a machine can be used to purchase additional machines, tear down old machines or even bid for turn order.  So each turn is a measure in efficiency can the cost of the machine be recovered in the (hopefully) increased payout that results.  And as the game progresses, energy becomes more expensive making it a larger and larger debit against a players potential payout.

      This balancing of costs and benefits was most acutely seen in the last round where a few players actually opted not to purchase additional machines and instead shut-down surplus machines to save on energy costs.  When all was finished, a rather close race with only a few points (dollars, elektros) separating the top spots.  Jay couldnt reduce his energy costs, while everyone else had done so, resulting in a much lower payout at the end:

      Rich:   228

      Jeff:   227

      Tim:    222

      Dave:   210

      Jay:      72

      THIS WEEK:

      As we get back into our normal routines again school for those with school, work for those with work Wednesday night gaming also returns to its routine as I am ready to host games again this week.  From last weeks list I still have a few new games Id love to table (London, Troyes, Inca Empire).  But there are plenty of games for any player count we might achieve.  As always, I am open to suggestions.  So who will attend…..

    • jay sheely
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2010
        Rich,

        More than likely I'll be able to attend on Wednesday.

        Thanks, Jay

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2010

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2010

              > So who will attend...