Reiner Knizia's Samurai

  • slyday_gaming
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2003
      Hey Sterling:

      Do you have Reiner Knizia's Samurai? If you do I would like to try
      it out this coming week or the following.

      Also, is it very similiar to Tigris & Euphrates?

      Thanks,

      Sean
    • Sterling
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003

        I do have it and we can plan to play it one of these upcoming weeks..

        I don’t think it is that similar to Tigris and Euphrates.  There are similarities and I’ve often seen it referred to as part of a trilogy of games (with T&E and Through the Desert) with a similar basic design.  In each game, your turn is simply to placing one or more tiles on the map board.  In Through the Desert the tiles are pastel colored plastic camels, but it is basically the same concept.  Each game leaves it pretty open as to what tiles are placed and where you put them.  They also do a pretty good job of needing you to balance between collecting the different types of victory points.  But the similarity ends there.  The specific mechanics of a turn and the way the victory points are scored varies from game to game.