Re: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 2 Jun

    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2010

      From: Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
      Subject: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 2 Jun
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 9:51 PM

      LAST WEEK:

      No we didnt play Leaping Lemmings yet again.  (Though I did get in a 2P game w/ Sabrina which I found very interesting in how it was done.  Lots of Eagle Chow.)   Instead, we went to deliver passengers around Holland in KOPLOPERS & DWARSLIGGERS (or as Tim called it Dwarf Slingers).  Players have limited actions to spend each turn which must be used to move their trains around.  In fact, each train must receive at least one action if possible.  Players start with no trains (obviously building one in the first turn), but then trying to be most efficient in their actions.  Also moving around the train map are various obstacles that block cities and can tie up trains.  Some passengers are worth more, some worth less, so there is also the balancing act of more, less valuable deliveries vs the few, large deliveries.  (We did not play with the advanced rules which arent that tough and will be part of the game next time especially the penalty points for undelivered passengers at games end.)

      Jeff:   1350

      Tim:    1300

      Dave:   1250

      Rich:   1200

      With a bit of time left, we tried RA: The Dice Game which has taken the bits from Ra and tied it to a push your luck die game.  Missing are the sun auctions, but the game does play quickly once the rules are understood.  (The nile/flood rules are very poorly written so much so we were trying to understand them during the game by checking online.)  A quick playing game with choices each turn, but as Dave might testify if you roll poorly, what can you do?

      Tim:    31

      Jeff:   25

      Rich:   18

      Dave:    8

      THIS WEEK:

      If the delivery works out, I might have Forbidden Island in time for Wednesday.  I am also curious to try Haggis a 2 (or 3) player climbing trick taking game.  I wouldnt mind bringing out Steam over Holland (or 1889) for another dip into the realm of 18xx stock/rail games.  Tomorrow is a holiday, so will give it some thought, but if anyone has suggestions, happy to consider those also.  Who will attend?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1 10:08 AM

        > Who will attend?
        > GAMES:

        I'll attend. See you then.