Invitation to Games - 7 April

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2010
      Invitation to Games - 7 April

      LAST WEEK:

      The evening started off with Winsomes DUTCH INTERCITY where players are bidding for shares in Dutch rails then gaining track in a denationalization process to gain dividends to be reinvested such that a player can have the most money at games end.  But while this sounds like a train game, it is really a game an auction game as most of the game was spent in that phase of the game.  And with the required rules that auctions continue until a player is out of money, the auctions start to become one of manipulation as players try to gain control of the various companies.  With all this going on, there is a chance that the game wont click for all players.  Dave in fact felt like the click never occurred to him the entire game.  Rich and Tim were in the race with the most shares in the most profitable companies:

          Tim: 168 / Rich: 163  / Dave: 101

      After that brain burner of a game, we decided for something more relaxing…the Finnish Inquisition!  Or rather INQUISITIO a card game about the inquisition as player hold hidden body marks and hope to avoid confessing to too many illicit acts as the various interrogators come around looking for the most suspicious.  With the ability to pass on taking a card (yielding to the interrogator) combined with a bit of a horrific scene, Dave called this on Geschenkt! (No Thanks!) meets Arkham Horror.  There is no doubt that players will need to take negative points, the key to the game is trying to take the fewest compared to ones opponents.  When all was said and done (all the interrogators had their chance), Tim had the most confessions and the most revealed faults so he was burned at the stake (eliminated from the game).  When Rich and Dave compared their remaining strengths and subtracted their weaknesses (guilt points), the result was a tie, broken in Daves favour for having one more coin than Rich.  Rich had gambled on the last interrogator to pay to have him leave (costing 2 coins).  If he had just bribed to pass the interrogator to Dave, Dave might have yielded giving Rich a chance at victory, but Rich was nervous as the interrogator was looking for the hidden body marks Rich had in hand and which if revealed would be worth more negative points.

              Dave: -8 (2 coins) / Rich: - 8 (1 Coin) / Tim: (Burnt)

      THIS WEEK:

      Looking ahead to Wednesday I might have MOONGHA stickered and ready to play, but I am also expecting CYCLADES and GIANTS to arrive this week as well, so might have them prepared for Wednesday also.   Who is up for …..

      PS Looking ahead I am unable to host the following two weeks (14 and 21 April) as I have other commitments both nights.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
            I'll be able to make it. See you then.

            > The evening started off with Winsome’s DUTCH INTERCITY where players are bidding for shares in Dutch rails then gaining track in a denationalization process to gain dividends to be reinvested such that a player can have the most money at game’s end. But while this sounds like a train game, it is really a game an auction game as most of the game was spent in that phase of the game. And with the required rules that auctions continue until a player is out of money, the auctions start to become one of manipulation as players try to gain control of the various companies. With all this going on, there is a chance that the game won’t click for all players. Dave in fact felt like the click never occurred to him the entire game. Rich and Tim were in the race with the most shares in the most profitable companies:
            >
            > Tim: 168 / Rich: 163 / Dave: 101
            >
            > After that brain burner of a game, we decided for something more relaxing…the Finnish Inquisition! Or rather INQUISITIO a card game about the inquisition as player hold hidden body marks and hope to avoid confessing to too many illicit acts as the various interrogators come around looking for the most suspicious. With the ability to pass on taking a card (yielding to the interrogator) combined with a bit of a horrific scene, Dave called this on Geschenkt! (No Thanks!) meets Arkham Horror. There is no doubt that players will need to take negative points, the key to the game is trying to take the fewest compared to one’s opponents. When all was said and done (all the interrogator’s had their chance), Tim had the most confessions and the most revealed faults â€" so he was burned at the stake (eliminated from the game). When Rich and Dave compared their remaining strengths and subtracted their weaknesses (guilt points), the result was a tie, broken in Dave’s favour for having one more coin than Rich. Rich had gambled on the last interrogator to pay to have him leave (costing 2 coins). If he had just bribed to pass the interrogator to Dave, Dave might have yielded giving Rich a chance at victory, but Rich was nervous as the interrogator was looking for the hidden body marks Rich had in hand and which if revealed would be worth more negative points.
            >
            > Dave: -8 (2 coins) / Rich: - 8 (1 Coin) / Tim: (Burnt)
            >
            > THIS WEEK:
            > Looking ahead to Wednesday â€" I might have MOONGHA stickered and ready to play, but I am also expecting CYCLADES and GIANTS to arrive this week as well, so might have them prepared for Wednesday also. Who is up for …..
            > PS â€" Looking ahead â€" I am unable to host the following two weeks (14 and 21 April) as I have other commitments both nights.

          • thedesign3r
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
              I can Make it as well!! Its sping Break after all! I will bring a silly 10 minute card game I bought that I think needs new rules! Or better players.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
                Sorry guys not feeling well,start with out me, will have to see you next time!

                Lawrence