RE: Invitation to Games - 10 March

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2010
      RE: Invitation to Games - 10 March

      LAST WEEK:

      A night of previously played games with the first game being KRETA Stefan Dorras game of area control set on Crete using a variety of different pawns each with a certain ability and a card system to control how the pawns are played.  Furthermore, only 11 of the 25 possible areas are scored in a game resulting in a game where one tries to plan not only for the current opportunities but also future ones as well.  In addition to controlling areas, one can also gain points by shipping goods of the island a tactic Rich used well as he did manage to ship all 4 grapes for a total of 10 VPs which allowed him to jump in front of the rest.  (My notes on the game have gone temporarily missing, so cant report actual scores).  The final standings were:

          Rich / Tim / Dave / Sabrina

      With time left and Sabrina happy to play another game, we brought out one of her favorite games: BOHNANZA Some early gifts of beans from players to clean out their hands turned out to be favourable for Sabrina by thte time the game ended.  A close game with only 4 points (IIRC) separating first from last:

          Sabrina / Tim / Dave / Rich

      THIS WEEK:

      Our last week before summer (daylight savings) time adjusts the clocks this weekend.  I might try to read the rules to CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD tomorrow night or perhaps refresh my reading of KOPLOPERS AND DWARSLIGGERS in anticipation of Wednesdays game.  Let me know if you can make it, and if you have any game that you wouldnt mind seeing on the table.  (Merchants of Venus?)

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2010
        I'll be there

        -Tim

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2010

          > Let me know if you can make it, and if you have any game that you wouldn't mind seeing on the table. (Merchants of Venus?)

          I'll be there, and I'll make sure to bring Merchants of Venus, in case we want to play it.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2010
            >I'll make sure to bring Merchants of Venus, in case we want to play it.

            As this has been a hectic week and I am not a prepared as I would like - I look forward to MoV tonight.  Table will be ready and waiting.  Will remind myself of the rules today as well so we can dive right in.