Invitation to Games - 21 October

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2009

      Tim, Dave, and Ricardo joined Rich for a 4 player game of Ghost Stories We randomly distributed the monks (so Tim was not Red for once), but let folks choose the power of their monk:

      Rich:  Green – Extra die & No Curse die

      Tim: Yellow – Endless Pockets

      Dave: Red – Move another monk

      Ricardo: Blue – Repeated action

      We did lay at Initiation level (yea, we are wimps, but hadn’t played in some time.)  The game appeared to start well with us keeping the ghosts in checks.  But the key is not how the game starts, but how it ends.  As we got closer to Wu Feng, the haunters on the board became serious threats.  In fact, we had Ricardo stationed at the “watchtower” to spend his actions twice to push back haunters on two boards repeatedly.  But you can see where this is going.  Ricardo lost his ability and the haunters overwhelmed the village (4 haunted tiles) just as Wu Feng was at the top of the ghost deck.

      OK, let’s try that again – which we did keeping the same monks and powers.  Unfortunately, the result wasn’t any better as we were haunted this time 3 cards before Wu Feng appeared.  In both games we were using the various powers (buddhas, moving ghosts, borrowing tokens) that seem to be needed to conquer the game, but we just haven’t worked out the timing to get it done efficiently and survive until the end.  Still a fun game that we enjoyed revisiting and I do look forward the soon to be released expansion.

      THIS WEEK:

      We could continue in the cooperative mode with Pandemic/On the Brink?  I have been studying the rules to Last Train to Wensleydale which is ready to go as it was shipped “pre-bagged”.  As always, open to other suggestions as well.  All depends on how many we have for games so let’s get a head count.  Who can attend:

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2009

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2009

          > Who can attend:
          >
          > GAMES:

          I can attend as well. See you there.

          Dave
        • Kristian
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2009
            Thanks for the invite, Rich.

            I won't make it this week. Long nights at the observatory and last minute preparations for my convention this weekend...

            Have a fun time,
            Kris
          • RMUCB
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 21, 2009
              Sorry all, would have liked to have made it out tonight, don't think I have managed to win a game of Pandemic in the last 10 or so tries!

              Have fun and see you all next week.