Re: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 30 September

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009

      From: Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
      Subject: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 30 September
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 11:44 PM

      LAST WEEK:

      Dave, Time and Ricardo joined Rich for a game of ENDEAVOR Z-Mans game of resource management.  Players build buildings to get actions which are then used to colonize either around the Mediterranean or to sail to remote regions in hopes of opening them up for further colonization.  As all this goes on, players gain glory points as well as resources along 5 tracks.

      The players start with essentially nothing and after a few rounds all of us wondered if we missed something as the game was building very slowly.  But as the game progressed, the distant regions opened up more and more quickly and settlements came more quickly as the game accelerated towards the end.  In fact by the 7th (and final) turn, the board was all opened up and moves were really of a fine tune position for a few more glory points.  By that time:

      Rich: 60 / Tim: 57 / Dave: 50 / Ricardo: 45

      THIS WEEK:

      The second box on the table last week can be the main box this week SMALL WORLD Not that difficult to play and plenty of resources (including a video overview on Boardgames with Scott) to help any who want to read up on the game prior to Wednesday  As always - let me know if you have a preference for this (or any other) game when indicating whether or not you can attend….

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009

        > The second box on the table last week can be the main box this week: SMALL WORLD. Not that difficult to play and plenty of resources (including a video overview on Boardgames with Scott) to help any who want to read up on the game prior to Wednesday. As always - let me know if you have a preference for this (or any other) game when indicating whether or not you can attend.

        I'll be there. Small World sounds good to me.