Invitation to Games - 19 August

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 18, 2009
      Invitation to Games - 19 August

      Yes it has been a few weeks since anything got posted here, but I have not been lost in time and space.  Last time we met, we did venture with 6 sols into the streets of Arkham to hold off the threat of Yig (our randomly chosen great old one.)  To help set-up the game, I also dealt out characters randomly:

          Rich:  Harvey Walters (Professor)

          Sabrina: Kate Winthrop (Scientist)

          Jeff: Dexter Drake (Magician)

          Dave: Michael McGlen (Gangster)

          Tim: Darrell Simmons (Photographer)

          Ricardo: Monterey Jack (Archaeologist)

      As gates appeared and monsters lurked, we seemed to be draw quite a few difficult non moving ones.  But victory was ours in the end as Michael and Monterey were both in Celeano, but Monterey used a Gate Box to appear at the Gate to Yuggoth as both Michael and Monterey closed the last two gates on the board after 10 turns, the doom track at 7 (of 10), and the terror track at 2.  Interestingly, the key gate closers were Darrel, Monterey and Harvey as each closed 2.  Monterey was also the monster slayer with 5 monster trophies while Kate and Darrell both had 3.

      Harvey didnt defeat any monsters, but after closing a gate was faced with 2 Shuggoths and spent clue tokens to evade them both instead of sealing the location.  The mythos phase reinforced this decision as a new gate appeared in the location and Harvey was swept to the safety of the other worlds.  Luck was also on our side as Darrell made 2 journeys through the other worlds while clinging onto his last stamina point.

      Nice to play just the basic game and introduce Ricardo to this TVB favourite.  As is typical of many AH games when it goes well, it tends to go really well.  This is our first win in some time as the previous playing have shown the converse when things go badly, they can go very badly with quick losses.

      As I promised when we last got together, I am ready to host games tomorrow (19 August) but would announce it rather late after I get back in town.  I realize this is rather last minute (as I send this just before midnight of the day before) notice, but I am back and ready to host games.  Please RSVP if you can attend and play games so I can get games for the proper player count prepped. If you have a game you would like to play -- by all means mention them in your reply.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 19, 2009
        I'm in.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 19, 2009

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 19, 2009

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 19, 2009
              Sorry, don't think I can finish up here in time to make it out.

              May try to stop by just for kicks though if I can make it back to the East Bay early enough.

              Have fun.

              R.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 15, 2015
                Invitation to Games - 19 August

                The third week of the month approaches, and I am available to host games next Wednesday.

                While summer is racing to an end, I suspect there might still be some varied schedules (as I can attest first hand).
                Therefore, I am getting the word out early to get replies (yes or no) to help finalize the headcount.

                Who can attend?

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 15, 2015

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 16, 2015
                    I'll be there.
                    It turns out that Akash'Bhuta wasn't as powerful as we played him. His villain cards came out faster than they should have.

                    -Jeff

                    On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 9:49 PM, 'Richard Pardoe' RPardoe@... [trivalleygamers] <trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    The third week of the month approaches, and I am available to host games next Wednesday.

                    While summer is racing to an end, I suspect there might still be some varied schedules (as I can attest first hand).
                    Therefore, I am getting the word out early to get replies (yes or no) to help finalize the headcount.

                    Who can attend?

                    -       Rich

                  • The Design3r
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 17, 2015
                      Sorry Rich

                      Its back to classes for me again.

                      Warmly,

                      Laurence Frazee B.A.
                      Not a cell phone

                      Who's the one person who has been nominated for an Oscar more often than anyone else in any category? That would be composer John Williams, nominated over 40 times for his original film scores and orchestrations. He received his first Oscar nomination in 1969 for the score to Valley of the Dolls.   His first win in 1972 for Filder on the roof, and other wins,.... Jaws, E.T. ,Star Wars, and  Schindlers List.

                      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 18, 2015
                        I can attend this week.  See you all then.