Re: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 15 July

  • Ricardo Martinez
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 14, 2009
      Sounds good, I will make it out.

      What are the "lighter" games?

      R.

      From: Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
      To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:02:22 PM
      Subject: [trivalleygamers] Invitation to Games - 15 July

      The half played game of AUTOMOBILE seemed to have planted a seed with a few of us as we found ourselves this week in a four player game but a full game of the game.  The first rounds did start a bit slower.  Not only because of only four players, but I believe we learned from last week to be a bit more measured before moving forward.  The first two rounds saw all of the produced cars being sold but also saw a lot of distributers.  Our first production shortage was in Round 3 where the low priced cars sold 17 of the 18 available cars.  Things would have been much worse but 8 distributers did reduce the available cars from the 25 produced that round.  The high priced cars were also over-produced by one car.  The final round saw the potential for lots of production.  Rich played it cautiously and didnt produce the full allotment of cars (holding a 2 and a 3 demand tile helped with that decision).  In the end, both the low and the mid cars were over produced by 2 models.  We also saw that passing seemed to be a decent action in the last round as folks tried to maximize their end-game capital.

          Tim: $5010 / Dave: $4660 / Rich: $4360 / Ricardo: $3870

      Was thinking that this week we lighten up the games a tad, trying a few more shorter games.  If anyone has a specific game they would like to suggest by all means do so when responding.  Otherwise, I will see what might work for the headcount we get.  So who is up for

          (Contact me off-list if you need di
          rections)

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 14, 2009

        Ricardo –

        Was just thinking that after Automobile last week – we shift gears and play a game that wasn’t so math based.   But if everyone enjoyed Automobile, I could certainly get Duck Dealer and/or Lokomotive Werks and/or West Riding ready for a game.  Otherwise, might try to get Hurry’Cup or Um Reiffenbreite or Leader 1 to the table.

        Just trying to get a mixture of games that appeal to all.  As always – will go with what the consensus game decision is.  If you have any games you want to try (or replay)…just shout out and let us know.  (That goes for anyone else also.)

        -          Rich

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
          I'm afraid I won't be able to make it tonight. I've been fighting a cough all week and still am not feeling great so I'm going to pass this week. Have fun and I'll see you next week.

          Thanks
          Tim

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
            Seems lots of people are getting sick these days.  Feel better!

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11
              Invitation to Games - 15 July

              The third week of the month approaches, and I am available to host games next Wednesday.

              With summer and varied schedules (I speak from experience) I figured Id get the word out early to get replies (yes or no) to help finalize the headcount.

              Who can attend?

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 11

                The third week of the month approaches, and I am available to host games next Wednesday.
                With summer and varied schedules (I speak from experience) I figured Id get the word out early to get replies (yes or no) to help finalize the headcount.
                Who can attend?
                -       Rich

              • The Design3r
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 11
                  Hi Rich

                  Finally, a game at Richs house!  Yes I can make it!

                  ( I envisioned the family had held a tribal council and voted you off the island. I could just see you floating on the ocean atop your entrainment center raft of games.  Shouting   Wilson!  Wilson! )

                  Warmly,

                  Laurence Frazee B.A.
                  Not a cell phone

                  Who's the one person who has been nominated for an Oscar more often than anyone else in any category? That would be composer John Williams, nominated over 40 times for his original film scores and orchestrations. He received his first Oscar nomination in 1969 for the score to Valley of the Dolls.   His first win in 1972 for Filder on the roof, and other wins,.... Jaws, E.T. ,Star Wars, and  Schindlers List.

                  To: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
                  From: trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 01:21:41 +0000

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 14
                    RE: Invitation to Games - 15 July

                    And unfortunately, Lawrence thought he could make it but had another commitment so wont.  At the moment it looks like a night to explore 2P games and I have a few in mind to table for that purpose and will start to prepare them later this evening.

                    That said - not too late for anyone else to respond I do have a couple of 3P games I am considering but wont do any prep until (unless) there is another RSVP.  So if anyone else thinks they can make it, please let me know so I can prep games for the proper player count later this evening.