Invitation to Games - 8 July

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2009
      Invitation to Games - 8 July

      A modestly full house as Ricardo, Lawrence, Dave, and Tim were anticipated to arrive.  When Ricardo indicated he would be running a bit late due to traffic, I brought out FITS again as it would play quickly.  Lawrence jumped out to a good start with 5 points on the first board while Rich and Dave were just a bit better than break-even (2 each) while Tim was break-even (0).  The next round saw the scores get tighter as Lawrence scored 6 points for 11, but Rich and Dave scored 9 points each for a total of 11 after two rounds also.  Tim was struggling with only 4 points in the second round.  Lawrence started to stumble in the third round scoring only 3 points.  Dave and Rich were still close with Dave outscoring Rich 8-7 in this round.  The final round saw Dave stumble a bit scoring only 3 points.  Tim finally scored a decent 6 points, but Rich managed to show all the matching pairs to score 9 points in the round.  (Lawrence left to many dots uncovered and scored -4 points.)  Final scores:

      Rich: 27 / Dave: 22 / Tim: 15 / Lawrence: 10

      Ricardo had arrived in the middle of FITS and with that game over, we decided to try out AUTOMOBILE A bit slow on the start with the rules explanation and sorting the pieces.  With 5 players, we could only play 2 rounds before time ran out.  We did quickly total up points (dollars) at that point and found the scores to be quite close.  Ricardo had a lot of cash on hand, but no factories on the board.  Tim and Dave had money tied up in factories which helped their net worth at the midpoint.  I didnt not the scores, but seem to recall they ran from about $2500 to about $3500 with most around $3000 or so.  While we didnt finish, I wouldnt mind trying to get this to the table again and seeing if we can get a complete game in.

      Speaking of which.ready to host this week.  The remodel continues slowly, but the gaming table is clear and we should be good to go.  Any suggestions for games to try?  Please reply if you can attend so I can have a rough headcount and can plan the appropriate games.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009
        I'll be there. I to would like to give Automobile another go at some point.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009
          Gonna Get some sleep!

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009

            I'll be there. See you then.

            Dave
          • Ricardo Martinez
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
              Sorry for the late reply, thought I would be working late tonight, but I am opting to game instead! See you all there.

              R.