TVB website & other stuff

  • Mark.E.Johnson@pobox.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 1998
      Sterling, thanks for setting this up. I'll send you the html files for the
      old website after the holidays. Glad to hear they'll have a new home! I
      kept them up for a long time with the hope that Hans & Arlette would send
      some email, but it never happened.

      Speaking of old times like that, did any of the LLNLers notice Stormy Seas,
      the latest plastic toy-maze-puzzle for sale in the mall stores. This was
      the one that older LLNLer (a bridge player?) invented and showed us his
      wooden prototype used to devise the various maze-challenges. So he made it!

      Though I'll be up in NorCal over the Christmas holidays, there's no way I
      can steal away for a game session, unfortunately. I'm going to try my best
      to make it up to the Bay Area early next spring for a Games Day, however.
      Do any of you attend those? Sounds like they're a continuing success.
    • Sterling Wright
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 1998
        Thanks, I would have picked this stuff up earlier, but I've had an extremly
        busy year. Now things are starting to settle to a livable pace, so I can
        start taking a more active participation in the club other than showing up
        for the games. When I get my the web page updated and placed, I'll e-mail
        you the URL so you can make the old page link straight to this one. :) I'm
        hoping I can get us some fresh blood, we're loosing Hank, Angela and Scott
        within the next year.

        LLNLer? Are those the ones who play at lunch ate the Livermore Labs? I have
        not heard anyone talking about Stormy Seas, nore have I seen it. Sorry.

        I'm a regular at gamesday, and Hank and Kevin try to attend whenever it fits
        into their schedule. Well, If your no way turns into "Wow! Look I have free
        time." our next meeting is Wednessday the 30th. You're always welcome.

        Sterling

      • Mark.E.Johnson@xxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 1998
          >From: "Sterling Wright" <greendragon1@...>
          >
          > When I get my the web page updated and placed, I'll e-mail
          >you the URL so you can make the old page link straight to this one. :) I'm
          >hoping I can get us some fresh blood, we're loosing Hank, Angela and Scott
          >within the next year.

          Well, the old page is kaput. But I know what you mean--Internet
          "advertising" helped bring in new people before. I'll help you track down
          all the places TVB is listed and get them changed over to your new site.

          >I'm a regular at gamesday, and Hank and Kevin try to attend whenever it fits
          >into their schedule. Well, If your no way turns into "Wow! Look I have free
          >time." our next meeting is Wednessday the 30th. You're always welcome.

          Thanks, I appreciate the invite. Maybe next time!
        • Sterling Wright
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 23, 1998
            I looked at the old page as recently as yesterday to get your old format.

            Sterling

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 25, 1998
              At 05:09 PM 12/23/98 -0800, you wrote:
              >From: "Sterling Wright" <greendragon1@...>
              >
              >I looked at the old page as recently as yesterday to get your old format.

              Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I called in and cancelled my old
              NorCal ISP account at CCnet weeks ago. Might disappear without warning,
              though.

              -MJ