RE: [trivalleygamers] Re: Invitation to Games - 27 May

  • Mike Hammond
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2009

      Hi!

        Just to chip in my two cents, I’d like to suggest that you probably couldn’t be in better hands than at Richard Pardoe’s group.

        I live in the Chicago area, but travel a fair bit for work and have made visiting local game groups my way to occupy slack time in evenings.  I’ve gamed with probably half a dozen different groups over a few years, and none match the accomplishments of Richard’s intrepid little band in San Mateo.  I’ve been a guest twice, and have twice been amazed at the pre-planning, the welcoming attitude, and the – dare I say – efficient game playing that gets the group through typically two and occasionally three different games in a 2 ½ hour gaming session.

        On top of which (and without which this praise would ring somewhat hollow), this group is fun.  Richard has a drool-worthy collection of games, a commitment to actually being adept with the ruleset of each game before it hits the table, and a regular cast of characters in attendance that has to be seen to be believed.

        Welcome back to boardgaming!  And enjoy your time with Rich’s group.

      Warm regards,

         Mike Hammond

      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2009

        Mike –

        Thanks for the kind words.  Our group in San Ramon is pretty good also ;).

        R. did stop by tonight as we wrapped up a 4 player game of La Citta.  Only one game tonight which I expected as I had heard that La Citta runs about 30 minutes per player.  Hopefully will see R. again in the near future, as well as you Mike.  You fit right in with the regular cast of characters in attendance.

        Now to start prepping the rules for a possible game next week….Sunday’s invite will hint at what I have on my list, but happy to hear if others have a game they want to play (or replay).

        -          Rich

        Message 3 of 9 , May 28, 2009

          D’Oh!  Wrong San.