Can't Host This Week - 22 April

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 10:30 PM
      Can't Host This Week - 22 April

      With 5 players, we decided it was time to try Le Havre but the shortened game and with the proper loan rules.  A much smoother game and a much less frantic start as money and resources were just a bit tight in the beginning.  But with the food requirements not so onerous, the players had time to begin to build their engines for future growth.  And we managed to get the game completed in the allotted time running only slightly over as we had a brief rules explanation to start.

      Jeff did well aiming for a Luxury Liner as the game was wrapping up and won with 131 points.  Tim just missed the luxury liner, but secured a strong second with 122 points.  Dave also netted a Luxury Liner but spent a bit too much time gathering resources.  Still a respectable 110 points for a first play.  Rich and Sabrina finished up with less than 100 points each getting hampered without a steel boat and having their strategies fall a bit flat.

      The shorter game is certainly the way I will continue to play in order to learn the various buildings and how they work together.  Especially as it shortens the game.  Once the players are familiar with the system and the play pace increases and the desire for more variation is needed the full length game (and special buildings) will be the natural stepup.

      As for this week I am heading GMT West the back half of this week and am unable to host on Wednesday.  If anyone wants to step up to host, please feel free to post to the list and do so.  Otherwise see you all next week (29 April).