Invitation to Games - 15 April

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2009
      Invitation to Games - 15 April

      An evening of lighter fare as a break from our previous  few weeks.  The night opened with the latest in the Mystery Rummy series: Bonnie and Clyde.   Fortunately, this version is pretty easy to explain with only one type of gavel card in addition to the usual melds and layoffs.   It did take 4 rounds for us to achieve 100 points with first time rummy player Sabrina taking the win.  In fact, Sabrina managed to go out in 2 of the 4 rounds.  Tim (another first time mystery rummy player) managed to go out  one time also for a solid second.    Sabrina 104 / Tim 89 / Dave 74 / Rich 63

      This was followed by a round at the Red Dragon Inn.  Sabrina was first to exit the game (as Gerki the Sneak) after she ran out of gold.  Rich (as Zot the Wizard w/ Pooky) was next leaving Tim (Fleck the Bard) and Dave (Dimli the Dwarf) to battle it out.  Both had their fortitude and alcohol content a few steps apart when it all came down to a final drinksplit, spiked, sharedand it was Fleck that was left standing (I thinkmy notes get very blurry after so many drinks as I was sleeping it off having been eliminated earlier.)

      Concluding the evening was a couple of quick games of the Exxtra reprint: Excape.  A push your luck game with a touch of added strategy as to where to play for a possible move.  Lower is fewer steps, but might be safer from being losing the move if another player outrolls you (or) playing low can also net more steps as it  stops the other players from moving temporarily.  All in a little game that plays in about 20 minutes.   Sabrina won the first game when no one could prevent her final move.  Rich one the second game (aided by some nice doubles while locking in the final move).  A little filler that certainly is more portable than the game Cant Stop (and quicker playing also).

      Looking ahead to this week ….  It Tax Day!  All good gamers have probably filed already so should be free on Wednesday for more games while others race against the midnight deadline  No strong ideas formed up as to what I might get ready, so willing to hear the thoughts of others?  Try something new?  Retry something recently played.  Let me know as you RSVP for

      (Looking ahead to next week I will not be able to host on April 23 as I head out to GMT West.  If anyone wants to step up to host, please feel free to do so.  Will be ready to host again the following week (April 30).

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
        I'll e there.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009