Invitation to Games - 1 April

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2009
      Invitation to Games - 1 April

      With only 3 (or 4 if Sabrina joins), we looked at a variety of possibilities.  We did start with four and started setting up Le Havre One Sabrina realized this might be a longer game, she opted out and we continued with a 3P full game which exceeded the time available due to our first time playing.  In Le Havre, players are gathering resources (food stuffs, food precursors, energy, raw materials) and trying to use or convert those resources to other resources to use for purchasing buildings while paying the necessary food costs.  Buildings are worth VPs at the end of the game and are also the locales where these transformations occur.  We launched into a full game and as readers of the list will remember we did get a few rules wrong in our rush.  If Le Havre does come out again I strongly suggest we play the shorter version.  (I had a chance to play with Sabrina in a 2P shortened game and the game was a lot closer and not as frantic as our last play More importantly, I didnt miss the special buildings at all.)  Even with the wrong rules, it was a very interesting game.  Not at all like Agricola as there are many more paths towards VPs in this game.  The results of our game had Tim at 171, Jeff at 139, and Rich at 89.  Tim/Jeff did get some efficiencies going in their buildings but also suspect that the francs flowed a bit too freely in our game.

      Looking ahead to this week ….  I still have Fury of Dracula waiting in the wings if we should get 3 or 4 players to be the hunters.  Will see what other games look interesting to try out (or old favorites to play again).  Game selection (as always) sorta depends on how many we have, so lets hear a hearty yea for those who wish to at the table for:

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2009
        See you on wednesday.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2009
          I'll be there