Re: [trivalleygamers] Le Havre - Oopsies....
Yeah I concur with trying the shorter game next time. I think we could get the full game in at an evening session but while we're learning the shorter game is probably a better option.
--- On Thu, 3/26/09, Rich Pardoe <RPardoe@...> wrote:
From: Rich Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
Subject: [trivalleygamers] Le Havre - Oopsies....
To: "TriValley BoardGamers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 11:04 AM
As is tradition, we did miss a few things as I rushed into our play of Le Havre last night.....
I would like to play again - but would suggest we play the shortened game which removes the special buildings, a few less rounds, and players start with more resources. Once we get familiar with how the standard buildings work and work together - we can then focus on the spice and variety of the special buildings.Nice thing - the mistakes we made didn't change the game experience that much. But I do look forward to seeing how the game plays out with the more restrictive rules above.- Rich
- Players start with 5 Francs and 1 Coal
- Faster start to game, as we had resources, but....
- Loans aren't optional (ie anytime). They are only taken out if a player can't pay interest or food (end of round)
- Oops - too rich at start we were. Need to build our engines faster and probably makes it less likely buildings are bought. Also, this implies that at most one will only have 0, 1, 2, or 3 francs in hand after taking the necessary loan.
- BTW - as I was cleaning up, I noticed the back of the Loan card is a "3 Loan" marker.
- Harvest ADDS to existing grain/cattle. 1 Grain in hand gives 1 additional Grain; 2 Cattle in hand give 1 additional Cattle
- Probably had too much cattle (meat), grain (bread) in the game as a result.