Invitation for games - 17 September

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
      Invitation for games - 17 September

      Have a couple of new games (Tribune, Prophecy) I wouldnt mind trying.  Or we could go with Daves suggestion (Race for the Galaxy).  Lots of options, just need playersSo who else is interested and can attend:

      Hope to see you then.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
        I'll be there. Race for the Galaxy sounds interesting.

        From: Richard Pardoe <RPardoe@...>
        Subject: [trivalleygamers] Invitation for games - 17 September
        To: "'TVB Group'" <trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 7:22 PM

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
          --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pardoe" <RPardoe@...>
          wrote:

          > Have a couple of new games (Tribune, Prophecy) I wouldn't mind
          trying. Or
          > we could go with Dave's suggestion (Race for the Galaxy). Lots of
          options,
          > just need players..So who else is interested and can attend:
          >
          > Games:

          Heck, all of the above sound interesting. I wouldn't mind playing
          Prophecy, just to say that I have. I suspect it's going to be a
          one-and-done title for me, but I'd be willing to be proven wrong.

          And I'd love to get Race for the Galaxy back out again.

          Needless to say, I can attend. See you then.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
            I will admit my interest in Prophecy was piqued by the recent BoardGames w/ Scott episode describing it:
            http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=86.  Folks might want to give that a gander to see if this is something of interest.

            As noted in that video - I am inclined to play the short game (winner is first to two artifacts) which results in a 90ish minute game.  So we might, just might be able to squeeze in both Prophecy and RftG as RftG is listed at about 45 minutes, but I think that is too ambitious.  I suspect our choices are Prophecy or RftG (perhaps a couple of plays) for the main game of the evening.  I will have both ready for Wednesday - but as always will adjust as we get a firmer idea on number of attendees and other interests....

            - Rich
          • Kristian Miller
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 17, 2008
              Hi Rich,

              Lisa and I will be there tonight. We'll bring "Race for the Galaxy" and "Army of Frogs" (a nice
              warm up game).

              Kris
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 17, 2008
                Hi Kris -

                It will be nice to see you and Lisa again!  As I have a copy of "Race for the Galaxy" no need to bring your copy unless the plan is to break into two RftG groups to play.  I count at least 5 players tonight - and RftG plays 4 max.

                - Rich

                -------------- Original message from "Kristian Miller" <gaming@...>: --------------