Re: [trivalleygamers] Digest Number 106

  • sfwriter@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2001
      You can get a sneak prevview here:

      http://www.geek-guide.com/geekindex.html

      We're still in progress, but the site will be a place for articles and
      features on a broad crossection of "geek" topics ranging from
      gaming to computers and electronics. You might think of it as
      Slashdot lite with less of a focus on Open Source issues and
      more on the other stuff geeks are into. Mainly, I'm going to
      explore the Bay Area and document it online.

      The first issue will feature an article on Bay Area electronic
      surplus shops, an editorial on the state of Science Fiction, an
      interview with Space Artist Mark Maxwell, Geekisms, our regular
      column on jargon, a review of Wizards of the Coast's Invasion of
      Theed game, weekly news, an upcoming events calendar, and a
      discussion forum.

      Upcoming articles include geek resources at Bay Area libraries
      and geek oriented Bay Area conventions. I've lined up the creator
      of Men in Black, Lowell Cunningham, and science fiction author
      and Opencola.com founder Corey Doctrow for future interviews.

      I'll be looking for more content on topics of Geek interest.

      All the best,

      -Sandy

      trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Geek Guide Party
      From: Alex Borders

      ______________________
      ______________________

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:38:19 -0800
      From: Alex Borders
      Subject: Geek Guide Party

      > Come join the usual collection of neighbors, designers, geeks,
      > entrepreneurs, hackers, rocketeers,
      > activists, gamers, writers, artists, hams, and Sci Fi fandom for
      > Geek Guide kickoff party.

      I'm planning to come, and may bring a guest.

      What, pray tell, is 'Geek Guide?'

      Alex
      --
      redrob@... http://www.crossovers.net/redrob/

      Now working at Brightmail, Inc - your Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus
      solution
      Disclaimer: I disclaim nothing. People, however, often disclaim
      me.
      *** Next time I do this, remind me to take my pants off first. ***