Quick Summary - 26 Mar (Through the Ages)

    Message 1 of 409 , Mar 30, 2008
      Well, Tim did manage to convince his co-worker to attend, so we welcomed
      Dave P to the group. With Dave W's attendance also, we had 4 for the
      evening and launched into the simple (beginner's) game of Through the Ages

      THROUGH THE AGES (4 Player) Rich (48) / Tim (47) / Dave W (40) / Dave P
      (39)
      **
      Players start with a basic civilization that can produce 2 food and 2
      resources. Then via a variety of cards (leaders, governments, improved
      buildings, actions) players hope to improve their civilization to gain
      culture points. So this is a game of managing several differing currencies
      (in addition to food and resources, science is used to pay for technological
      upgrades.

      While the full game does take one from the ancient age through the Middle
      Ages through the Age of Invention to Modern Ages, we opted to play the
      sample game which is limited to just the Middle Ages as well as not using
      war/politics as actions. And I am glad we did. In the limited time
      available to us and with all of us not knowing the game, this was just the
      right time to get our feet wet with the system. While we all did reasonable
      well, a few felt that we were at the limits of what we could do and that the
      inefficiencies of our game engines were about to be seen. But still a good
      way to get the basics of the system under our belt so that next time we can
      try the advanced game.
      Message 409 of 409 , Jun 3, 2008
        --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pardoe" <RPardoe@...>