Quick Summary - 27 Feb

    Message 1 of 409 , Mar 2, 2008
      A full house as Tim, Ben, Lawrence, David, and Dave all arrive for games.
      With 6P, we could split up into smaller groups, but instead we looked at
      possible 6P games. With a bit of voting, our choices were Ave Caesar and
      Autoscooter

      AVE CAESAR (6 Player) - Dave (11) / David (8) / Tim (7) / Rich (6) / Ben (4)
      / Lawrence (4)
      ***************
      The first race saw Dave jump into an early lead. Rounding the curves, Dave
      entered the Imperial Alley after the first lap to pay tribute to Caesar
      followed by Ben, David, and Lawrence. Tim blocked Rich's chance to enter,
      so Rich went around to make it on the second lap. Tim also had to swerve
      away at the last minute. After the second lap, Tim makes it in, but blocks
      Rich who wastes a turn waiting for room. But Dave keeps steaming around the
      track with nary a hindrance. As the chariots race towards the finish line
      it is Dave across the line first with (6 points in cards to spare - ie a
      perfect run) with Tim in second (with 5 points to spare). Ben then finishes
      with his last card to just cross followed by Rich (2 points to spare) and
      David (1 point to spare). Lawrence having swung wide a few to many times
      never makes it to the finish.

      We then set up to run the course in reverse order. While Dave jumps into an
      early lead again, it is David who strategizes to miss the Imperial Alley on
      the first lap to gain the advantage. The blocking and swerving was a bit
      meaner this time around with several chariots looking to just make it or
      just miss it. Dave again stopped at Imperial Alley after the first lap
      followed by Lawrence and Tim. David heads into the alley after the second
      laap followed by Rich and Ben. As the chariots race to the finish, it is
      Dave and David driving their horses on. Dave moves 4 spaces from the finish
      and has a 4 and a 5 in his draw deck. Drawing the 5 will let him win next
      turn, drawing the four will mean two turns to cross the line. He draws the
      4 letting David race across the line first (3 points to spare) followed by
      Dave (6 points to spare). Lawrence then rounds the turn to finish this race
      with 2 points to spare while Rich and Tim limp across the line with no
      points left. Ben is the chariot driver this time who went wide too many
      times and doesn't finish.

      Ave Caesar plays quickly as each race takes about 20 minutes to complete.
      Multiple races helps to mitigate any lucky draws, but Dave had the hot hand
      this time around as noted by his combined race result.

      AUTOSCOOTER (6 Player) - Dave (22) / Lawrence (11) / David (10) / Rich (10)
      / Tim (9) / Ben (0)
      *******************
      The bumper cards started at the edge, but quickly got into contact with each
      other as Tim was the early beneficiary of some well placed hits gaining
      quite a few points. Of course, this leaves him in the center of the pack
      and a target for others to claim those damage chits back, which Rich managed
      to do a few times. But by lurking at the peripherary and making the
      well-timed hits toward the end, Dave started hitting Rich's scooter taking 5
      chits a couple of times. As time ran out, Dave is the victor with the most
      chits (essentially getting all of Ben's indirectly). The rest of the
      players are packed together in the standing while early target Ben never did
      get his chits back.

      A fun mix of simultaneous programmed movement with just enough chaos from
      the bumping of cars to make an interesting multi-player game. Great fun
      when it does hit the table.

      Message 409 of 409 , Jun 3, 2008
        --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pardoe" <RPardoe@...>