New to area

  • David Laufle
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
      ,Hi there,
      We are new to the area and looking for a good gaming group out here.
      Recently we've done the Los Altos Library games day, and the Yahoo
      group which have been good for us, but are very far away now. Where
      does the group meet out here? Is there a regular time and place?
      I used to own a shop down in Pasadena so have far too many games now.
      My wife and I enjoy mostly medium to high complexity games but have
      played all levels and types. Our current favorites are A Game of
      Thrones, Age of Empires III, Byzantium, Caylus, Settlers 3D (Cities
      and Knights), Louis XIV just to name a few.

      I'm an old school squad leader player myself, still playing ASL and Up
      Front when I can, and looking for someone to play Combat COmmander Lately.

      -David and Mesha
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
        --- In trivalleygamers@yahoogroups.com, "David Laufle" <dlaufle@...> wrote:

        > ,Hi there,
        > We are new to the area and looking for a good gaming group out here.
        > Recently we've done the Los Altos Library games day, and the Yahoo
        > group which have been good for us, but are very far away now. Where
        > does the group meet out here? Is there a regular time and place?
        > I used to own a shop down in Pasadena so have far too many games now.
        > My wife and I enjoy mostly medium to high complexity games but have
        > played all levels and types. Our current favorites are A Game of
        > Thrones, Age of Empires III, Byzantium, Caylus, Settlers 3D (Cities
        > and Knights), Louis XIV just to name a few.
        >
        > I'm an old school squad leader player myself, still playing ASL and Up
        > Front when I can, and looking for someone to play Combat COmmander Lately.

        Hi there!

        We are a group that tries to meet regularly on Wednesday nights, from 6:30 - 9:00. Rich
        hosts from his home in San Ramon. When he's unavailable to host, I try to pitch in when I
        can, but lately I haven't been able to, so the list has been a bit quiet. Generally I'd call Rich
        and myself pretty consistent regulars, with others attending when they're able. Usually we
        begin the week with the call for attendees, just to see how many to expect and what
        games might hit the table. Usually Rich sends it out during the weekend. I guess he gets
        an extra day of leeway this week. :-)

        You can look back at the session reports that we post here on the list to see the games we
        play. Rich and I have good-sized collections, too (though his certainly overshadows mine),
        but we're always willing to look at something we may not have.

        Once Rich posts the invitation, if you'd like to join us (and you both are very welcome!),
        just post a reply, and Rich will probably get back to you with directions off-list.

        Hope to see you soon.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
          Hi David & Mesha...

          Welcome to the group. Dave did a nice job in his post. Hopefully, you have
          seen the invite for this Wednesday so please contact me if you can make it
          and need directions.

          >I'm an old school squad leader player myself, .... and looking for someone
          to play Combat Commander

          Sounds a bit like my past. CC:E - one of my current favorite games! Would
          love to have a local opponent. In addition, Endgame (in Oakland) hosts a
          CC:E day every second Sunday of the month where players gather to play the
          game, test out new scenarios, or just have fun.

          - Rich
        • reservoirelves
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
            Hi David,

            I haven't seen you since I was in Pasadena. Not only did I frequent
            the GameZone but we did role playing together with Terryl Speights.

            There are also several conventions in the area too, in fact I just
            spend the weekend at one of them.

            Welcome to the area and hopefully you'll make it to San Ramon, it
            would be good to see you again.

            Jeff Hammond