RE: [trivalleygamers] Re: Invitation to Play - Games - September 20

    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 18, 2006
      Hi Lawrence -

      I am fine with playing Entdecker as I have played it before. In fact, happy
      to play (almost) any game if it introduces a new member to the group.

      But let me follow up with one question - is the game:

      Entdecker (http://boardgamegeek.com/game/200)
      (or)
      Neuen Entdecker (http://boardgamegeek.com/game/1334)

      If you played an English language version of the game - it is most likely
      the second game which was released in English as Entedecker: Exploring New
      Horizons. Another way to tell - did you game have Huts for exploring
      islands? (If yes, it is the second game). If it is this game, no need to
      have your friend bring that copy as I own a copy also.

      For the record, we played Entdecker March 3, 2004 and Neuen Entdecker April
      4, 2005 (I believe you played Nautilus at this time as it was our "N" week
      of gaming through the alphabet.)

      So no problem with either version of Entdecker - we have played both before.

      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 22, 2006
        >The rules didn't say it explicitly but implied that nobody can winter in
        England so all those units that are there disband.

        Re-reading the rules - I tend to agree as there is a warning....If Edward
        winters (in Scotland), there is no Feudal Levy and England begins the next
        year empty.....The only way to always have an empty England is to disband
        any units that remain there at winter. This is also supported by a comment
        on the geek: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/939062#939062

        BTW - If anyone is interested, it is possible to play HOTS online if anyone
        is interested in trying this game: http://www.f2fgaming.com/ and Columbia
        games does have a Cyberboard Module also.