Re: [T TBS R] TBS Front Discs??

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
      my tbs is 45.5 mm my tbird is 49mm

      visually they look the same??? hmmm.....

      cheers, Denny

      --On Wednesday, December 8, 2004 3:23 AM +0000 Scot <scotdail@...>
      wrote:

      > O.K. - next tech question...
      >
      > Can someone take a caliper, go out and measure the front brake disc
      > on their TBS and give me the dimension from the Outside Diameter to
      > the oblong slot in the disc? I thought that the used calipers I
      > picked up would fit a TBS.... they fit on the hub O.K., but appear
      > to be slightly oversized (brakes won't mount up - lack 1/8"
      > clearance).
      >
      > I am thinking that with the correct dimension, I can take these to a
      > machine shop and have the O.D. turned down.
      >
      > Scot Dail

    • Scot
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2004
        Looks like the T-Bird/Adventurer takes a 320mm disc, and the
        TBS/Legend gets a 310mm. Does anyone know where to get the best
        deals on rotors, with overnight shipping?? MAW, etc...?

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Denny