Production Numbers

  • jdm_unlimited
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2004
      I was just reading the "Brief History" section on
      www.thunderbirdsportriders.net and it says that it's rumored that
      less then 150 TBS will be built for 2004. Does anyone know if that
      is true, or does anyone have any production numbers?

      Thanks, Joe.
    • Martin Stead
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2004
        I was just reading the "Brief History" section on
        www.thunderbirdsportriders.net and it says that it's rumored that
        less then 150 TBS will be built for 2004. Does anyone know if that
        is true, or does anyone have any production numbers?

        Thanks, Joe.

        Hi Joe,

        It is 150 TBS 04's for the *USA* , not the world.

        I personally would like production numbers by country for all of the TBS
        models years.

        Martin

        ---
      • Wharton Franklin
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
          I'm not sure about the production numbers, but I know for a fact that dealers received at most one 04 TBS to sell. Case in point, I did a 400 mile trip to buy mine sight unseen. That was a scary feeling getting the financing approved, paying the down payment over the phone without ever seeing the bike. I walked in the dealership and noticed that they had some anniversary edition Harley Sportsters and promptly informed the salesman that I wanted one of those instead. He told me that I should at least see the bike before we worked a new deal out. I went back to service, and the rest is history. I can't believe that Triumph discontinued the bike. It does everything well, my wife loves it and it has a retro look on steroids. I love the bike.

          Frank

          Martin Stead <martin@...> wrote:

          I was just reading the "Brief History" section on
          www.thunderbirdsportriders.net and it says that it's rumored that
          less then 150 TBS will be built for 2004. Does anyone know if that
          is true, or does anyone have any production numbers?

          Thanks, Joe.

          Hi Joe,

          It is 150 TBS 04's for the *USA* , not the world.

          I personally would like production numbers by country for all of the TBS
          models years.

          Martin

          ---

        • Baptiste, Randall Eugene (Randall)** CTR
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2004
            I've had my '99 TBS since June and love it too! It's a joy to ride. My understanding is Triumph had to discontinue because the engine couldn't pass EU emissions as it's carbeurated. Hopefully they can retool with fuel injectors and re-release, but if not, then we all own collectors items!

            Ride safe!

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 5, 2004
              --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "jdm_unlimited"
              <jdm_unlimited@y...> wrote:

              > I was just reading the "Brief History" section on
              > www.thunderbirdsportriders.net and it says that it's rumored that
              > less then 150 TBS will be built for 2004. Does anyone know if that
              > is true, or does anyone have any production numbers?
              >
              > Thanks, Joe.

              I had heard the same story, but I am lead to believe that the 150 figure MAY
              have been the total for the US market and not the production total.

              The same question was asked on Triumphrat.net and we had about 25

              I offered and tried to set up a Classics Registry, whereby the quantities could
              be calculated from the VINs, but had a very poor response.

              Bob
            • rajewellau
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 5, 2004
                <jdm_unlimited@y...> wrote:

                > I was just reading the "Brief History" section on
                > www.thunderbirdsportriders.net and it says that it's rumored that
                > less then 150 TBS will be built for 2004. Does anyone know if that
                > is true, or does anyone have any production numbers?
                >
                > Thanks, Joe.

                I had heard the same story, but I am lead to believe that the 150 figure MAY
                have been the total for the US market and not the production total.

                The same question was asked on Triumphrat.net and we had about 25

                I offered and tried to set up a Classics Registry, whereby the quantities could
                be calculated from the VINs, but had a very poor response.

                Bob
              • Witon Rohan
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 6, 2004
                  --- rajewellau <rajewellau@...> wrote:

                  > --- In
                  > triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com,
                  > "jdm_unlimited"
                  > <jdm_unlimited@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I was just reading the "Brief History" section on
                  > > www.thunderbirdsportriders.net and it says that
                  > it's rumored that
                  > > less then 150 TBS will be built for 2004. Does
                  > anyone know if that
                  > > is true, or does anyone have any production
                  > numbers?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, Joe.
                  >
                  > I had heard the same story, but I am lead to believe
                  > that the 150 figure MAY
                  > have been the total for the US market and not the
                  > production total.
                  >
                  > The same question was asked on Triumphrat.net and we
                  > had about 25
                  >
                  > I offered and tried to set up a Classics Registry,
                  > whereby the quantities could
                  > be calculated from the VINs, but had a very poor
                  > response.
                  >
                  > Bob
                  > Gday Joe.I have know info on production quantities
                  other than being informed by the local dealership that
                  only 6 04's made it Down Under.I was given the choice
                  of a new 03 or new 04.I took the 04,one of @least
                  three that were available from dealerships in
                  Queensland & Victoria.Being so rare,I'm very keen to
                  find out total production #'s & import #'s along with
                  frame #'s.If we were the last market to receive
                  bikes,we may have the final production models.I'll be
                  watching this post for responses with great interest.

                  > Ro Down Under

                  Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                  www.yahoo.com
                • o121949
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
                    I read that Triumph only made 150 of the 2004 Thunderbird Sports.

                    I was wondering how many 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2003 Thunderbird Sports
                    were made?
                    Any ideas or where to look ?

                    Greg Allen
                  • Richard Fenner
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Try Triumph's PR dept.

                    • pickwickian51@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 14, 2005
                        In a message dated 9/13/2005 3:12:32 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
                        rfenner@... writes:

                        Try Triumph's PR dept.

                        and if they replay let us know. The rumor was that on 350 of the 98-99
                        bikes were made worldwide. IIRC this was back when total production of all
                        models was around 10k bikes.

                        00 Tiger
                        02 Mini Cooper
                        Oahu, Hawaii

                      • Thomas Lewis
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 14, 2005
                          I don't know about previous years but what I heard was for 2004 there
                          were 150 TBS's for the World and 150 TBS's for the USA.