New Tires, Rims Trued

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2004
      A few weeks ago I had my rims trued and new tires mounted.
      The rims were out about 40 thousandths and had even more wobble than that.
      They were trued to less than ten thousandths error, and the vast majority
      of that was at the welds.

      Mounted new Avon 46/46. The difference is truly astounding, previously
      when cornering the backend felt wobbly and unstable. I went for the first
      lenghty ride on it yesterday since the work was completed. I had no trouble
      keeping up with my brother on his 01 speed triple through the corners. And
      less trouble on the straights because of the huge reduction in vibrations.

      My old tires were very unevenly worn and cupped on the sides.

      I'd certainly recommend getting your rims checked if you are getting new
      tires mounted.

      Tim at www.wirewheels.biz did a great job for me. He specializes in
      spoke rims. Small shop down home operation in KY. Check him out when it's
      time for new tires if you are within reasonable distance of him.

      I am not affiliated with Tim, but he did such a great job I thought he
      deserved a Plug!