Re: [T TBS R] Tires

  • Mo
    Message 1 of 63 , Aug 15, 2004
      Don't know about fitting a larger size tire..don't know how much it will help either..I run the Bridgestone 020's...They are great...good handling, excellent rain handling.

      alohanorm <normb1@...> wrote:In my quest for tire feedback, here's where it shakes out:
      Dunlop D205- 2 pluses
      Metzler ME4- 2 pluses
      Bridge BT-020- 2 pluses

      The Michelin Road Pilot got one vote as did the Avon AV45/46.

      My rear tire is a 160/70 R17 and I'l like to go 10 over to a 170, BUT
      the 170 size that is available is a 170/60 R17, so I'm guessing that
      has a narrower sidewall if I remember my tire lingo. Anyone done that
      move?

      Any info on these tires and going over is appreciated. I'm torn
      between the top 3, they are all priced within $5 between F & R, so
      it's a coin toss.

      Norm

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 63 of 63 , Apr 27 7:12 PM
        I went from Avon Azarro ST's to the Storms.
        The storm Front was installed last year. I like it a lot it seems to be
        wearing more evenly that the Azarro ST's did.

        I had a Storm installed on the Rear this past Friday. Put about 350 miles
        on it on Saturday. They are good tires. My confidence in the TBS is
        renewed.

        I suppose any new tires would make a big difference, but I like these
        better than the Mez4's or Azarro ST's.