Re: [T TBS R] Digest Number 713

  • Jack Blakemore
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2004
      Folks, if you have never had your front wheel off, and never had cause to go
      to the allen head bolts (2 per fork leg) that tighten the bottom of the fork
      leg to the axle, go and loosen 'em right now, take 'em out and put some
      molyslip or copper grease osomething on the threads ore putteing 'em back
      in.
      Known fault on '99's this and they are an absolute bugger to get out as they
      corrode in, as they were fitted dry...................'nuff said.
      If you can't get 'em out aneal them and twat 'em hard (but not often -
      impact drivers/air tools - removal only(!), will help
      too).....................ahhhh British bikes, I'm all nostalgic for my old
      Bonnie, Super Meteor, or my Norton now.................

      Ta
      Jack

      From: jcatbert45
      2. Re: Re: Exhaust Cone Removal Troubles
      From: "Bruce Blair" <oldbiker@...>
      3. Re: Popping in the exhaust
      From: trident_t150v
      4. Re: Popping in the exhaust
      From: "mel4erin" <mel4erin@...>
      5. Off Road Pipes
      From: mdeant

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 01:38:04 -0000
      From: jcatbert45
      Subject: Re: Exhaust Cone Removal Troubles

      >Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Nothing is worse that a stuck
      >bolt.

      It's just that once these nuts break loose you are already screwed
      (no pun intended).

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 19:41:39 -0700
      From: "Bruce Blair" <oldbiker@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: Exhaust Cone Removal Troubles

      You guys are scaring me already. I'm almost ready to go try to take those
      bolts out just to see if they are stuck - but part of me doesn't want to
      know. I'd hate to ruin a nice pair of off-road mufflers.

      I did play with indicator bulbs last night to see if I could get the oil
      pressure light to come on - no swapping of bulbs around helped. Each bulb
      holder looks like it has 2 wires, so I'm thinking that the bulb is powered
      , and the ground is switched through the pressure switch.
      Is that the sensor just to the rear of the cylinder on the right side,
      behind and inboard of the flexible stainless oil(?) line, screwed into the
      top of the crankcase?

      Bruce B
      the new guy

      At 06:38 PM 5/7/2004, you wrote:
      > >Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Nothing is worse that a stuck
      > >bolt.
      >
      >It's just that once these nuts break loose you are already screwed
      >(no pun intended).
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 3
      Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 03:08:16 -0000
      From: trident_t150v
      Subject: Re: Popping in the exhaust

      Being in the land of the dust cloud - Australia, I have'nt been
      cursed with the plugs, so I can set the mixture OK.

      Thanks for the advice, I'll try it [been meaning to buy one of those
      90' screwdrivers and a set of vacuum gauges anyway].

      Any one used jet kit????

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:57:47 -0400
      From: "mel4erin" <mel4erin@...>

      Yeah I went the rejet route still had to knock at the plugs and turned out 2
      1/2 turns. Now the popping is actually kinda melodious. another 1/2 turn
      would eliminate it but I like it.

      Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 04:27:09 -0000
      From: mdeant
      Subject: Off Road Pipes

      Does anyone know where you can get a set of OEM offroad pipes for a
      98 TBS?