[T TBS R] Re: Tires and Life

  • south_texas_polar_bear
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
      My original set of Avon tires lasted 12,000 miles, aggressive
      miles I might add as well. I replaced the tires with softer
      Dunlop tires. I like the feel of the bike on the Dunlops,
      a bit shorter profile of tire that Avons, but I don't think
      I am going to get the mileage out of the these tires.

      I have nearly 7,000 miles and will need them replaced soon.
      I am contemplating a return to Avon tires, but I really like
      the feel of the Dunlops on the twisties.

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Joe rauch
      <jtrauch@y...> wrote:
      > no, I just put a set on my 98 TBS, we shall see, havent got more
      then 150 miles on these new ones.. this is the 3rd set on my bike,
      Avons, Periles, and now the Dunlops....excuse the spelling, LOL
      thats what happens when you skip school to go riding

      > Bartholomew Steinhorn <bas@g...> wrote:I am the only TBS Sport
      owner riding and liking Dunlops ?

      unfortunately
      > we're having one of our 6 annual rainy days here in San
      Diego :-<

      triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "cafetbird"
      > <scotdail@i...> wrote:
      > > My policy is to go British when possible - Avons
      preferably, as
      > > Dunlops have not done well by me.
      > >
      > > I like my AV45/46ST combo - how much life are you guys
      getting out
      > of
      > > them? They seem to be pretty durable...
      > >
      > > Scot
      > >
      > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com,
      midliferider
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > I've had bridgestones on my Legend and they stick well,
      good in
      > > > the wet stuff, and last and last. Bike tires and labor
      are
      > pricey
      > > > think of longivity unless you're racing. The BT-020 have
      been
      > > > written up in several bike rags and they seem to get
      > consistantly
      > > > high marks. Hope this helps.

      > Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying
      > or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
      > Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/zliolB/TM
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.