[T TBS R] Re: SUCCESS!

  • jimmyj900
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 1 1:13 AM
      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Todd Luchette
      <luchette@m...> wrote:

      >> Just because there isn't a service bulletin, doesn't mean there
      isn't a problem.---

      In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "cafetbird"
      <scotdail@i...> wrote:

      >> Even so, without it, it is just hearsay. It is a fact that there
      have been failures on all years. I am growing a little tired for the
      widespread BS that starts passing for fact on the internet. Show me
      the money.<<

      Scot, I appreciate your defense of Triumph in this matter but even
      the limited number of responses to this issue indicates that there is
      clearly a problem with the Triumph ignition coils.

      The tally of ignition coil failures thus far reported:
      Scott Dail : 2
      "jcatbert45" : 3 (simultaneous)
      "randytbird" : 1

      Disregarding the apocryphal "I know somebody... " reports, that's
      three bikes with coil failures out of 483 users on this site or about
      0.62% reported thus far. That 0.6% may not sound like much, but when
      you include the apocryphal reports it's well over 1% and the number
      of failures NOT reported here (due to user inactivity) would push
      that percentage much higher.

      Regardless, the lowest figure of 0.6% is an excessively high failure
      rate for a single component in a system in modern manufacturing.

      Jim
    • cafetbird
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 4 1:42 PM
        Not being unrealistic at all - I am responsible for warranty at a
        major OEM. We pay all our warranty - some claim we honor 100% more
        warranty than our competitors.

        I am not griping - just skeptical for the hearsay of folks here.
        Triumph covered one of my coils - out of warranty. The other was a
        year later and they did not. As I have said before, my bike is a
        1996 and I have lost two coils in 30k. It is the only problem that
        I have had with an otherwise wonderful bike, so I say continue to
        say quit your griping and get over it.

        Scot

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Mo