Re: [T TBS R] STILL HAVING PROBLEMS

  • jcatbert45
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2004
      > The fuel tank is the next project.

      It could be clogged petcock screens. I've had that problem too and
      it's part of my regular maintenance. Draining the tank is not too
      much fun, but I have it down to a science now.
    • jcatbert45
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2004
        I got mine from Baxter ... $122 each and I begged so they gave me
        free shipping. $366 for molded electrical thingies is surely nothing
        to sneeze at. Triumph did us wrong on coils!
      • pickwickian51@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 9, 2004
          The
          mechanic that went through the carbs last time now suggests it may
          be the ecu box .
          Officially that would be the Igniter assembly. Another item to get from a
          breaker. According to the Triumph Service manual there is an ignition diagnosis
          kit. Must be what they used on mine to determine that Pickup Sensor was bad.
          Any chance your mechanic has this tool.

          While reading the manual I remember check all the connections, looking for
          evidence of arcing and renewing the dielectric grease just to make sure my
          connections are good and water/salt stays out.

          00 Tiger
          02 Mini Cooper
          Oahu Hawaii