Which igniter?

  • fagelsjovagen4
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      I wonder which igniter (p/n) or from which Triumph model shall I
      choose the igniter if I want raise the rpm limit and ignition curve
      on my TBS?
      I intend to use the igniter with wilcox cams in the future.
      /Anders
    • reverendskirt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        I don't have part numbers but the most common is from a 95/96 Speed Triple. I've
        also been told by my mechanic that the 750 Trident is better but since I just scored
        an eBay S3 ECU for $120 I'm not complaining.

        Cheers,
        Reverend Skirt (Larry)

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "fagelsjovagen4"
        <anders.anna.strand@s...> wrote:
        > I wonder which igniter (p/n) or from which Triumph model shall I
        > choose the igniter if I want raise the rpm limit and ignition curve
        > on my TBS?
        > I intend to use the igniter with wilcox cams in the future.
        > /Anders
      • fagelsjovagen4
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          Do you have any idea why the Trident igniter is better? Or is it
          just cheaper?

          /Anders

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, reverendskirt
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I don't have part numbers but the most common is from a 95/96
          Speed Triple. I've
          > also been told by my mechanic that the 750 Trident is better but
          since I just scored
          > an eBay S3 ECU for $120 I'm not complaining.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Reverend Skirt (Larry)
          >
          > --- In
          triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "fagelsjovagen4"
          > <anders.anna.strand@s...> wrote:
          > > I wonder which igniter (p/n) or from which Triumph model shall I
          > > choose the igniter if I want raise the rpm limit and ignition
          curve
          > > on my TBS?
          > > I intend to use the igniter with wilcox cams in the future.
          > > /Anders
        • ciles_ca
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
            --- In
            <anders.anna.strand@s...> wrote:
            > Do you have any idea why the Trident igniter is better? Or is it
            > just cheaper?
            >
            > /Anders

            Higher rev limit.

            Chris