Still Among The Living

  • HS3000
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
      Hi all,

      Had a pretty good scare! Some genius in a full sized truck decided to
      pull out in front of me Wednesday night on my way home. He wanted to
      make a left even though he didn't have a green light. After totalling
      my car, he figured it would be better to flee the scene. Some lady
      followed him and called the cops. I think he just got out of jail.
      After rethinking the whole incident, I decided that had I been on my
      TBS, I probably could have avoided him. On the other hand, had I not
      been able to, it would have been me that would be out of comission
      rather than my car. When I do get back on my bike, I will probably be
      a little more cautious, especially in the city. It really doesn't
      matter who is at fault in an accident if you're not among the living
      anymore. Ride safe!

      Hector S
      99 TBS
      84 Shadow
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
        Glad to hear you're ok, Hector.
      • deathwheel2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
          Hey Hector,
          Are ya O.K? I hope that you are or hope you are better!
          Since riding in L.A. I TRY to be cautious. At any moment any driver
          could just be stupid,ingnorant, tired,old,young,ETC,ETC.
          All we can do is be safe and drive safe.It just sucks when someone
          can drive as reckless as they want,injure someone,and drive away like
          they are not responsible.Well, best thoughts for ya!
          And yeah,the bus/cadillac sandwich , I almost spread with TBS,
          reminded me not to be a reckless driver. I just try to remember
          to make it home alive at all costs.On the bike or in the truck.
          Take care, Jay
          00 TBS
          89 Pathfinder

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "HS3000"
          <hs3000@y...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Had a pretty good scare! Some genius in a full sized truck decided to
          > pull out in front of me Wednesday night on my way home. He wanted to
          > make a left even though he didn't have a green light. After totalling
          > my car, he figured it would be better to flee the scene. Some lady
          > followed him and called the cops. I think he just got out of jail.
          > After rethinking the whole incident, I decided that had I been on my
          > TBS, I probably could have avoided him. On the other hand, had I not
          > been able to, it would have been me that would be out of comission
          > rather than my car. When I do get back on my bike, I will probably be
          > a little more cautious, especially in the city. It really doesn't
          > matter who is at fault in an accident if you're not among the living
          > anymore. Ride safe!
          >
          > Hector S
          > 99 TBS
          > 84 Shadow
        • HS3000
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2003
            I'm ok. Got a little knot on me head, and my body is a little sore.
            Neck and back mostly. But thank God I can still work, spend time with
            my wife and kid, and of course RIDE! I guess there are risks involved
            with everything. Driving in our cars, riding, etc. The best we can do
            is take some precautions, be alert, and enjoy life. So in case anyone
            was wondering... I'm still psyched for the Rally this spring!

            Hector
            99 TBS
            84 Shadow
          • Mo
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 29, 2003
              You're in St. Louis Hector, right?

              HS3000 <hs3000@...> wrote:I'm ok. Got a little knot on me head, and my body is a little sore.
              Neck and back mostly. But thank God I can still work, spend time with
              my wife and kid, and of course RIDE! I guess there are risks involved
              with everything. Driving in our cars, riding, etc. The best we can do
              is take some precautions, be alert, and enjoy life. So in case anyone
              was wondering... I'm still psyched for the Rally this spring!

              Hector
              99 TBS
              84 Shadow

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • HS3000
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 29, 2003
                --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Mo
                <sazerac99us@y...> wrote:
                > You're in St. Louis Hector, right?

                Yes I am.

                Hector
                99 TBS
                84 Shadow
              • flint_spark
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
                  your account is one of the reasons I am trying to get on the track
                  more, and on the road less.

                  Like I've always heard..."I had the right of way" will look real good
                  on your tombstone.

                  flint