Re: Shorter Turn Signal Stocks

  • ciles_ca
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, lemataf
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Chris,
      >
      > I liked the idea of the shorter stalks and tried doing it this
      past
      > summer. Ran into a problem trying to hook up the rear as my local
      > hardware stores didn't carry any threaded tubing small enough to
      > attach the signal to the fender. The smallest they had was 3/8".
      >
      > I suppose there is metric tubing available that would fit through
      the
      > blinker housing... What did you use?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > John
      > 98 TBS

      I'm sorry to be so unhelpful, guys, but I had the work done when I
      got a custom paint job (candy sunset red over gold, with pearl tank
      stripes), and I have no idea how they did it. I just asked them to
      and they did.

      Chris
      '99 T'bird
    • Mo
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
        Do you have a pic of your paint job??

        ciles_ca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:--- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, lemataf
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Chris,
        >
        > I liked the idea of the shorter stalks and tried doing it this
        past
        > summer. Ran into a problem trying to hook up the rear as my local
        > hardware stores didn't carry any threaded tubing small enough to
        > attach the signal to the fender. The smallest they had was 3/8".
        >
        > I suppose there is metric tubing available that would fit through
        the
        > blinker housing... What did you use?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John
        > 98 TBS

        I'm sorry to be so unhelpful, guys, but I had the work done when I
        got a custom paint job (candy sunset red over gold, with pearl tank
        stripes), and I have no idea how they did it. I just asked them to
        and they did.

        Chris
        '99 T'bird

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • ciles_ca
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Mo
          <sazerac99us@y...> wrote:
          > Do you have a pic of your paint job??

          I have one picture with me. It's at night so you don't get any
          sense of the candy or pearl effect, but fwiw I've put it in the
          photos file at the end "Chris's '99 T'bird". The goal was to mirror
          the 1960's US market factory paint jobs. You prolly can't see it,
          but there is a gold pin-stripe around the stripes.

          Chris
          '99 T'bird