TBS for sale

  • wabalden
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 25, 2003
      I was at a local (St. Louis) Honda dealer and he had a 99 yellow TBS
      with low miles and lots of accessories - everything looked in great
      shape. They were asking $4499 - but a salesman told me "they will
      take $4000. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a TBS you should
      check it out - Dave Mungenast Honda. I'm even tempted to go after it
      myself.
    • kc10a_chief
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 27, 2003
        wabalden,
        If you decide to hold out for a new '04, swing by RPM Moterwerks in
        Belleville, IL before you commit to Donelson's. Not a slam, as I've
        never bought from them, just a suggestion.

        Steve C.

        wabalden <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I was at a local (St. Louis) Honda dealer and he had a 99 yellow TBS
        > with low miles and lots of accessories - everything looked in great
        > shape. They were asking $4499 - but a salesman told me "they will
        > take $4000. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a TBS you should
        > check it out - Dave Mungenast Honda. I'm even tempted to go after it
        > myself.
      • HS3000
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 8 9:20 AM
          That TBS is no longer for sale, I just bought it ysterday. I live in
          St Louis (south city). Any other TBS riders around?

          Hector

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > wabalden,
          > If you decide to hold out for a new '04, swing by RPM Moterwerks in
          > Belleville, IL before you commit to Donelson's. Not a slam, as I've
          > never bought from them, just a suggestion.
          >
          > Steve C.
          >

          > wabalden <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > I was at a local (St. Louis) Honda dealer and he had a 99 yellow
          TBS
          > > with low miles and lots of accessories - everything looked in
          great
          > > shape. They were asking $4499 - but a salesman told me "they will
          > > take $4000. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a TBS you
          should
          > > check it out - Dave Mungenast Honda. I'm even tempted to go after
          it
          > > myself.
        • Mo
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 8 10:55 AM
            Why would you think there would be a TBS rider in here?

            HS3000 <hs3000@...> wrote:That TBS is no longer for sale, I just bought it ysterday. I live in

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > wabalden,
            > If you decide to hold out for a new '04, swing by RPM Moterwerks in
            > Belleville, IL before you commit to Donelson's. Not a slam, as I've
            > never bought from them, just a suggestion.
            >
            > Steve C.
            >

            > wabalden <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > I was at a local (St. Louis) Honda dealer and he had a 99 yellow
            TBS
            > > with low miles and lots of accessories - everything looked in
            great
            > > shape. They were asking $4499 - but a salesman told me "they will
            > > take $4000. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a TBS you
            should
            > > check it out - Dave Mungenast Honda. I'm even tempted to go after
            it
            > > myself.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • tbirdsp
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 8 11:27 AM
              kc10a_chief (Steve C) is at Scott AFB.

              Mike S. '98 TBS

              --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "HS3000"
              <hs3000@y...> wrote:
              > That TBS is no longer for sale, I just bought it ysterday. I live
              in
              > St Louis (south city). Any other TBS riders around?
              >

              > Hector
            • kc10a_chief
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 9 3:45 PM
                Hector,
                I live across the river in Belleville, IL. Congrads on the new bike.
                Ping me off line sometime, cochrans@...

                Steve C.
                99 TBS

                <hs3000@y...> wrote:
                > That TBS is no longer for sale, I just bought it ysterday. I live in
                > St Louis (south city). Any other TBS riders around?
                >

                > Hector
                >

                > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > wabalden,
                > > If you decide to hold out for a new '04, swing by RPM Moterwerks in
                > > Belleville, IL before you commit to Donelson's. Not a slam, as I've
                > > never bought from them, just a suggestion.
                > >
                > > Steve C.
                > >

                > > wabalden <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > > I was at a local (St. Louis) Honda dealer and he had a 99 yellow
                > TBS
                > > > with low miles and lots of accessories - everything looked in
                > great
                > > > shape. They were asking $4499 - but a salesman told me "they will
                > > > take $4000. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a TBS you
                > should
                > > > check it out - Dave Mungenast Honda. I'm even tempted to go after
                > it
                > > > myself.
              • Not Given
                Message 7 of 26 , May 7, 2005
                  In order to maintain my current state of marital bliss and get a
                  little more riding in I just bought a Triumph Trophy and I am sadly
                  putting my TBS up for sale at:

                  ViewItem&rd=1&item=4548660809&category=80649
                • Jim Clanin
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 7, 2008
                    Hi all,

                    I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so I'm
                    looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R perhaps...

                    In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the skinny:

                    http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-SPORT-92184508

                    thanks,

                    Jim Clanin
                  • geoff@avanco.co.uk

                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 7, 2008
                        Let us know if you get that price. Some proof that these classics do hold
                        their value.

                        alohanorm

                        I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so I'm
                        looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R perhaps...

                        In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the skinny:

                        http://www.cycletra
                        <http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-SPORT-9218
                        4508> der.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-SPORT-92184508

                        thanks,

                        Jim Clanin

                      • Jim Clanin
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 7, 2008
                          Yeah... thought about that. I guess i kinda want something different
                          at this point too.

                          thanks,

                          Jim

                          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <geoff@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Jim
                          > Why don't you put the stock handlebars back on the TBS as it is an
                          excellent sport-touring bike. Rode mine from England to Spain last
                          year with loads of lugggage on board and it was great.

                        • Michael T.
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 7, 2008
                            $5 says you're gonna change your mind!

                            Is the other for sale bike the '04 tangerine/black on ebay? The link
                            didn't work.

                            mike

                            P.S. - Still have a front rim for sale...

                            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Clanin"
                            <jclanin@...> wrote:

                            > Yeah... thought about that. I guess i kinda want something
                            different
                            > at this point too.
                            >
                            > thanks,
                            >
                            > Jim
                            >

                            > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <geoff@>
                            wrote:

                            > > Hi Jim
                            > > Why don't you put the stock handlebars back on the TBS as it is an
                            > excellent sport-touring bike. Rode mine from England to Spain last
                            > year with loads of lugggage on board and it was great.

                          • Walter Strahota
                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 7, 2008
                              I looked at one last fall very similar, offered $3500.00 could have had it for $3700.00 so I think this is a bit high but good luck. I already have a 2003 so I was only going to buy if it was a super deal. I think the $3700.00 was reasonable. Walter

                            • Doug
                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 10, 2008
                                Would you want to trade for a '98 Trophy 1200?

                                <jclanin@...> wrote:

                                > Hi all,
                                >
                                > I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so I'm
                                > looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R perhaps...
                                >
                                > In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the skinny:
                                >
                                > http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-
                                SPORT-92184508

                                > thanks,
                                >
                                > Jim Clanin

                              • cpallenjr
                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 10, 2008
                                  Doug - have you ever ridden a TBS? You'll kick yourself for doing
                                  this. What you need is both. Don't get me wrong - the TBS is a great
                                  bike I just think that it would be tough to have as an only bike
                                  after having a Trophy.

                                  Been there, done that.
                                  Courtney in Seattle

                                  --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Doug"
                                  <funhunter63@...> wrote:

                                  > Would you want to trade for a '98 Trophy 1200?
                                  >
                                  > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Clanin"
                                  > <jclanin@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hi all,
                                  > >
                                  > > I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so
                                  I'm
                                  > > looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R
                                  perhaps...

                                  > > In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the
                                  skinny:

                                  > > http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-
                                  > SPORT-92184508
                                  > >
                                  > > thanks,
                                  > >
                                  > > Jim Clanin

                                • J.R. Boylan
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 10, 2008
                                    Speaking from personal experience, I have found my TBS and my 1200 Trophy to be
                                    wonderfully complementary bikes. The Trophy is great for long trips and touring, but the
                                    TBS is pure fun. I wouldn't give up either one.
                                    Jim

                                    --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "cpallenjr" <cpallenjr@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > Doug - have you ever ridden a TBS? You'll kick yourself for doing
                                    > this. What you need is both. Don't get me wrong - the TBS is a great
                                    > bike I just think that it would be tough to have as an only bike
                                    > after having a Trophy.
                                    >
                                    > Been there, done that.
                                    > Courtney in Seattle
                                    >
                                    > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Doug"
                                    > <funhunter63@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Would you want to trade for a '98 Trophy 1200?
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Clanin"
                                    > > <jclanin@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Hi all,
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so
                                    > I'm
                                    > > > looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R
                                    > perhaps...
                                    > > >
                                    > > > In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the
                                    > skinny:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-
                                    > > SPORT-92184508
                                    > > >
                                    > > > thanks,
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Jim Clanin

                                  • Gary L. Gavin
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 11, 2008
                                      Have to add that I too find having the TBS for fun and a Tiger for fun
                                      commuting is better than the one bike. The Trophy, no doubt, is a better
                                      touring bike but if you can overcome the fear of heights, a good used Tiger
                                      with it minimal body work, massive fuel tank and off road capabilities is a
                                      well rounded machine.

                                      00 Tiger
                                      07 Mini Cooper S
                                      85 Ron Cooper (push bike)
                                      Oahu, Hawaii

                                      wrote:

                                      > Doug - have you ever ridden a TBS? You'll kick yourself for doing
                                      > this. What you need is both. Don't get me wrong - the TBS is a great
                                      > bike I just think that it would be tough to have as an only bike
                                      > after having a Trophy.
                                      >
                                      > Been there, done that.
                                      > Courtney in Seattle
                                      >
                                      > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Doug"
                                      > <funhunter63@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Would you want to trade for a '98 Trophy 1200?
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Clanin"
                                      > > <jclanin@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Hi all,
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so
                                      > I'm
                                      > > > looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R
                                      > perhaps...
                                      > > >
                                      > > > In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the
                                      > skinny:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-THUNDERBIRD-
                                      > > SPORT-92184508
                                      > > >
                                      > > > thanks,
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Jim Clanin

                                    • Doug
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 11, 2008
                                        I have an 83 Honda Goldwing 1100, a 99 Triumph Thunderbird, and a 98
                                        Trophy 1200. So it won't be my only bike. I just prefer the
                                        Thunderbird now. I had the Trophy before the Thunderbird.

                                      • abocchi@bellsouth.net
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Apr 11, 2008
                                          I always wanted the 3 cyl Trophy, is there one out there for sale?

                                          Sid
                                          -------------- Original message from "Doug" <funhunter63@...>: --------------

                                          <cpallenjr@...> wrote:

                                          > Doug - have you ever ridden a TBS? You'll kick yourself for doing
                                          > this. What you need is both. Don't get me wrong - the TBS is a
                                          great
                                          > bike I just think that it would be tough to have as an only bike
                                          > after having a Trophy.
                                          >
                                          > Been there, done that.
                                          > Courtney in Seattle
                                          >
                                          > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Doug"
                                          > <funhunter63@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Would you want to trade for a '98 Trophy 1200?
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim
                                          Clanin"
                                          > > <jclanin@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Hi all,
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so
                                          > I'm
                                          > > > looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R
                                          > perhaps...
                                          > > >
                                          > > > In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the
                                          > skinny:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-
                                          THUNDERBIRD-
                                          > > SPORT-92184508
                                          > > >
                                          > > > thanks,
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Jim Clanin

                                        • Mo
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Apr 15, 2008
                                            I thought the trophy was a 4 cylinder....

                                            abocchi@... wrote: I always wanted the 3 cyl Trophy, is there one out there for sale?

                                            <cpallenjr@...> wrote:

                                            > Doug - have you ever ridden a TBS? You'll kick yourself for doing
                                            > this. What you need is both. Don't get me wrong - the TBS is a
                                            great
                                            > bike I just think that it would be tough to have as an only bike
                                            > after having a Trophy.
                                            >
                                            > Been there, done that.
                                            > Courtney in Seattle
                                            >
                                            > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Doug"
                                            > <funhunter63@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Would you want to trade for a '98 Trophy 1200?
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim
                                            Clanin"
                                            > > <jclanin@> wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Hi all,
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I'm selling my TBS. I want to do some longer distance riding so
                                            > I'm
                                            > > > looking to buy a sport-tour. -- Sprint ST or a BMW R1200R
                                            > perhaps...
                                            > > >
                                            > > > In any case, I thought I would spread the word. Here's the
                                            > skinny:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-TRIUMPH-
                                            THUNDERBIRD-
                                            > > SPORT-92184508
                                            > > >
                                            > > > thanks,
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Jim Clanin

                                            between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Apr 15, 2008
                                              > I thought the trophy was a 4 cylinder....

                                              It was available with both 3 and 4 cylinder engines.
                                            • abocchi@bellsouth.net
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Apr 15, 2008
                                                By the time I read and learned that many people preferred the 900 over the larger heavier and hotter running 1200, they had quit selling down here in Louisiana
                                                Sid
                                                -------------- Original message from petermholmes <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>: --------------

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Apr 15, 2008
                                                  The Trophy was originally fitted with a modular based triple. One of the
                                                  mods for the classic bike is to fit the better flowing air box from a
                                                  Trophy. On the Trophy forums the triple is referred to as BBBs while the 4
                                                  is BBBB. B=bang, s=silence. The 4 cylinder engine was the one used on the
                                                  1200 Daytona. As usual, Triumph would make some tuning changes to fit the
                                                  engine to the task. There are several 1200 Trophies in Hawaii. One up for
                                                  sale recently had surf racks mounted to the right hand side of the bike.

                                                  00 Tiger
                                                  07 Mini Cooper S
                                                  85 Ron Cooper (push bike)
                                                  Oahu, Hawaii

                                                  _____

                                                  <mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com> s.com>: --------------

                                                  > I thought the trophy was a 4 cylinder....

                                                  It was available with both 3 and 4 cylinder engines.

                                                • Wayne Baker
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Apr 15, 2008
                                                    Surf Racks Now I bet that is quite a sight.
                                                    Of course if it wasn't so slick here in the winter I am sure there would
                                                    be more bikes with ski racks on them.

                                                    --- "Gary L. Gavin" <glgavin@...> wrote:

                                                    > The Trophy was originally fitted with a modular based triple. One of
                                                    > the
                                                    > mods for the classic bike is to fit the better flowing air box from a
                                                    > Trophy. On the Trophy forums the triple is referred to as BBBs while
                                                    > the 4
                                                    > is BBBB. B=bang, s=silence. The 4 cylinder engine was the one used on
                                                    > the
                                                    > 1200 Daytona. As usual, Triumph would make some tuning changes to fit
                                                    > the
                                                    > engine to the task. There are several 1200 Trophies in Hawaii. One up
                                                    > for
                                                    > sale recently had surf racks mounted to the right hand side of the bike.
                                                    >

                                                    > Gary
                                                    > 98 Thunderbird Sport
                                                    > 00 Tiger
                                                    > 07 Mini Cooper S
                                                    > 85 Ron Cooper (push bike)
                                                    > Oahu, Hawaii
                                                    >
                                                    > _____

                                                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                                                  • Mo
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Apr 16, 2008
                                                      aha!

                                                      petermholmes <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > I thought the trophy was a 4 cylinder....

                                                      It was available with both 3 and 4 cylinder engines.

                                                    • Robert J
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Feb 23, 2012
                                                        I would like to sell my 1998 TBS.It is yellow/black, under 15000 miles, good tires, recent battrey, solo seat and stock seat, custom headlight mount and tail light. can e mail pictures. asking $4500. Thanks bob ph 928 425 9682