Any scratched-up flyscreens out there??

  • tbs_boy
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
      Well, looks like I'm "stuck" with my TBS, after my ebay auction
      failed to get a bid (opening at $4k with no reserve). Guess I'll
      have to keep it now [evil grin].

      If anybody has a scatched up fly screen they'd like to part with, I'm
      a buyer if it's cheap. I've been staring at Gary's bike on the home
      page now for weeks and have decided that getting a flyscreen painted
      to match my bike would be the way to go.

      Regards,
      Tom P.
    • Maurice
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
        There seems to be a lot on ebay that does'nt sell....if you really need to sell it, try cycletrader.com. The bad thing, is that this is the BAD time of year to be selling a bike (or boat, or camper like i'm trying to do).

        Good luck

        tbs_boy <tpontes@...> wrote:
        Well, looks like I'm "stuck" with my TBS, after my ebay auction
        failed to get a bid (opening at $4k with no reserve). Guess I'll
        have to keep it now [evil grin].

        If anybody has a scatched up fly screen they'd like to part with, I'm
        a buyer if it's cheap. I've been staring at Gary's bike on the home
        page now for weeks and have decided that getting a flyscreen painted
        to match my bike would be the way to go.

        Regards,
        Tom P.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • tbsrider2000
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
          Was yours the green one on Ebay?. I was surprised no one
          bid on it. I've seen some recently go well over $4000..

          David Arnold
          '00 Thunderbird Sport
          San Antonio, TX

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "tbs_boy"

        • pickwickian51@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
            Aloha Tom,

            IMHO a TBS is not properly attired without the flyscreen and solo saddle.

            Aloha and Happy Trails,

            Gary Gavin
            98 Thunderbird Sport
            02 Mini Cooper

            In a message dated 8/28/2003 5:20:33 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
            tpontes@... writes:

            > I've been staring at Gary's bike on the home
            > page now for weeks and have decided that getting a flyscreen painted
            > to match my bike would be the way to go.

          • Jim Clanin
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
              Couldn¹t agree more Mike.

              JC
              98¹ TBS
              w/ Solo Seat & Fly Screen

              On 8/28/03 2:20 PM, "tbirdsp" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Maurice
              > <sazerac99us@y...> wrote:
              >> > Which would be fine, if your passenger doesn't mind sitting on the
              > cowl.
              >
              > My passengers ride on my ST1100. TBS is solo.
              >
              >> >I always thought that the flyscreen was ugly.
              >
              > I disagree, I like it.
              >
              >> >.and that a cycle isn't really a cycle, if you have a windshield or
              >> > fairing.
              >
              > hogwash, and the flyscreen isn't big enough to count as either in
              > my book.
              >
              >> >Also, for the proper look, your passenger must be a slim female,
              >> >small breasted, and holding tightly onto your waist.
              >> >
              >> > Anyone here dare to disagree?
              >
              > Hell yeah! What's this "small breasted" crap ;-)
              >
              > Mike S. '98 TBS
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Maurice
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
                Which would be fine, if your passenger doesn't mind sitting on the cowl. I always thought that the flyscreen was ugly..and that a cycle isn't really a cycle, if you have a windshield or fairing. Also, for the proper look, your passenger must be a slim female, small breasted, and holding tightly onto your waist.

                tpontes@... writes:

                > I've been staring at Gary's bike on the home
                > page now for weeks and have decided that getting a flyscreen painted
                > to match my bike would be the way to go.

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • tbirdsp
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 28, 2003
                    My TBS wouldn't even look right without my LP fairing.. ( pics in
                    Dave's '00 TBS folder).. I do have the last accesory, my wife looks
                    just right on the passenger seat of my bike and she actually finds
                    the passenger seat more comfortable than riding passenger on a
                    Trophy..

                    Dave Arnold
                    '00 TBS
                    San Antonio, TX

                    <sazerac99us@y...> wrote:
                    > Which would be fine, if your passenger doesn't mind sitting on the
                    cowl. I always thought that the flyscreen was ugly..and that a cycle
                    isn't really a cycle, if you have a windshield or fairing. Also, for
                    the proper look, your passenger must be a slim female, small
                    breasted, and holding tightly onto your waist.

                    > Anyone here dare to disagree?
                    >

                    > pickwickian51@a... wrote:
                    > Aloha Tom,
                    >
                    > IMHO a TBS is not properly attired without the flyscreen and solo
                    saddle.

                    > Aloha and Happy Trails,
                    >
                    > Gary Gavin
                    > 98 Thunderbird Sport
                    > 02 Mini Cooper
                    >
                    > In a message dated 8/28/2003 5:20:33 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
                    > tpontes@y... writes:
                    >

                    > > I've been staring at Gary's bike on the home
                    > > page now for weeks and have decided that getting a flyscreen
                    painted
                    > > to match my bike would be the way to go.

                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Service.

                  • martin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                      Gotta agree about the fly screen/fairing,although the feel of the bike and the
                      looks are greatly improved with the single seat; since it only takes the turn of a
                      key I just switch mine over when taking my tart for a ride..... which isn't too
                      often since riding two up is a real bore as far as riding pleasure goes.
                      As far as the physical acoutrements of your preferred tart, I tend to agree
                      again, but like the fairing I'm sure it's all just a matter of taste :)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                        That's kind of interesting...because while it is FUN to go fast riding solo, I much prefer riding two up...the feeling of two people together, alone in the wind, is ummmm...VERY nice.

                        sazerac99us@y...> wrote:
                        > Which would be fine, if your passenger doesn't mind sitting on the cowl. I
                        always thought that the flyscreen was ugly..and that a cycle isn't really a cycle,
                        if you have a windshield or fairing. Also, for the proper look, your passenger
                        must be a slim female, small breasted, and holding tightly onto your waist.

                        > Anyone here dare to disagree?
                        >

                        > pickwickian51@a... wrote:
                        > Aloha Tom,
                        >
                        > IMHO a TBS is not properly attired without the flyscreen and solo saddle.
                        >
                        > Aloha and Happy Trails,
                        >
                        > Gary Gavin
                        > 98 Thunderbird Sport
                        > 02 Mini Cooper
                        >
                        > In a message dated 8/28/2003 5:20:33 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
                        > tpontes@y... writes:
                        >

                        > > I've been staring at Gary's bike on the home
                        > > page now for weeks and have decided that getting a flyscreen painted
                        > > to match my bike would be the way to go.

                        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      • jcatbert45
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 29, 2003
                          >That's kind of interesting...because while it is FUN to go fast
                          >riding solo, I much prefer riding two up...the feeling of two people
                          >together, alone in the wind, is ummmm...VERY nice.
                          >martin <martingilly@y...> wrote:

                          Yup...there's nothing like an abrupt stop and the clang of banging
                          helmets together to bring two loved ones closer together.....lol In
                          fact it, I've been known to purposely jam on the front brake on
                          occasion. - Jerry