summer screen mounts

  • goodnuph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2003
      greetings
      while commuting thru Brooklyn,NY's rush hour traffic last week, I
      noticed a new rattling sound.
      I found the windsheild and tach cover were making contact thus
      causing noise, the culprit was the nuts holding the tach cover came
      off, and was stuck behind the screen.
      To fix the problem I loosened the screen mounts and also replaced the
      bottom mount screws with longer ones, rebent the tabs at the screen
      side using black rubber shock absorber donutsto place a cushion in
      between.by loosening the top mount clamps on the fork legs, it
      flattened the screen and tilted it back a few degrees by pushing out
      the bottom of creen giving about 3/4" clearence from the gauge covers.
      Those shock donuts reshaped the screen taking a sharp turn out the
      bottom and giving better wind protection around the legs--(just
      slightly better) but looks better IMHO.