[T TBS R] Re: Speed Triple cams

  • jcatbert45
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2003
      >I ran into one of those last night when removing the mufflers to
      >check for catalysts in the exhaust system (none). When reinstalling
      >the bottom muffler, one of the threaded muffler inserts got cross
      >threaded, and now the insert rotates instead of allowing the bolt
      (or
      >tap to clean the threads) to engage. I hope a machinist can fix that
      >for me before Friday, if not I can still mount it, it will just
      >vibrate somewhat.

      If your TBS exhausts mounts like the T-Bird; instead of messing with
      the bolts on the exhaust, remove it with the clamp. On the TBird I
      take off the rear pegs and clamp assembly with the exhaust. If
      possible, leave those nasty bolts alone. They snap loose too easy,
      cross-threaded or not.

      - Jerry
    • fagelsjovagen4
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2003
        I ran into the same problem with my -2001 Bonneville. It showed that
        the factory put Loctite tread-locking fluid to the bolts, and that
        caused the bolt to stuck so hard so the hole insert came lose.
        /Anders

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, jcatbert45