Future member

  • Serge <poteries@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 25, 2003
      Hi everyone, I did trade my triumph Trophy for a spanking new
      thunderbird sport. Could not find a used one. My Trophy served me
      very well for 120,000 km and I am really looking forward to the
      Thunderbird. By looking at the specs I have the felling that I will
      home with a more adjustable supension.

      Waiting for the Bird to arrive.

      Serge

      Soon TB's 2003
      XX 1997
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 25, 2003
        > Hi everyone, I did trade my triumph Trophy for a spanking new
        > thunderbird sport.

        Hi, Serge. Welcome to the list. I believe that that will make you
        the only guy on here with an '03 TBS.
      • Serge <poteries@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2003
          Thank's for the welcome. I did look for a used TBS but no luck. I
          could only find a 2000 and they were asking basically the same price
          as a new one. No champagne yet, I am still waiting for the bike to
          get here.

          > Hi, Serge. Welcome to the list. I believe that that will make you
          > the only guy on here with an '03 TBS.
        • tbsrider2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 27, 2003
            Hi Serge,
            Welcome to the list.. I've been thinking about trading my T-Bird
            Sport for a Trophy.. hahaha. I love my T-Bird Sport though.. so I
            keep hesitating.. It's a wonderful bike. I have over 20,000 miles
            on it and it really runs better now than when new.. :)

            Dave Arnold
            '00 TBS
            San Antonio, TX

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Serge

          • Serge <poteries@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 27, 2003
              Dave,

              Let's trade now........The trophy is a great bike, I really did enjoy my time with it but I did fall in love with a CBR XX. I now have a CBR and the Trophy which is too much the same so i decided to trade the Trophy.

              I am waiting for the contract on a new one with trade in of my Trophy but I now have a new angle at it seems that I can buy one in the States and get it to Canada without much problems.

              Serge

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 28, 2003
                > ...it seems that I can buy one in the States and get it to Canada
                > without much problems.

                I'd love to know what you found out about moving bikes across the
                US/Canadian border, Serge. I'm semiactively looking for a
                completely restored late '70s Bultaco Metralla GTS, and I'm more
                likely to find one in Canada than in the US, but I haven't been
                looking in Canada because I didn't want to deal with taking it across
                the border. Have things changed?
              • Serge <poteries@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 28, 2003
                  Life is full of surprise. I was going to be the first member with a 2003 but instead I will join the majority and get a 1998. I live in Montreal and the bike is in Florida. Last week it did seems like something impossible but after a few phone call, it is indeed simple enough.

                  I got quoted 434 $ (US $) from Allied to move the bike from Florida to Montreal. The is a few procedure to deal with but that can be done by a custom broker at a very reasonnable rate. Once the bike is here, it will be inspected and I will have to make it legal for Canada, basically mean to change the speedometer from miles to km, opposite for entering in the States. Over 15 years old vehicule are not submitted to these rules. Even simpler. Antique vehicule, I think 25 years and over have no rules at all.

                  You can check the list of vehicule here:
                  http://www.riv.ca
                  should be something similar in the US.

                  Good luck

                  Serge

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 29, 2003
                    Thanks for the info, Serge. Your positive feedback spurred me on so I
                    did a little more poking around and found out that 25 yr old bikes are
                    indeed regulation free when going from Canada to the US. You do need
                    "permission slips" from the DOT and the EPA to get them in to the US,
                    though, so a customs broker would probably be worth it.

                    In my wanderings through the web I couldn't help but notice that the
                    "Harley Tax" appears to be alive and well (bikes over 700cc pay at
                    least a 2.5% duty). Go figure, huh? :O)
                  • Serge <poteries@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 30, 2003
                      Do you know if their a site similar to the riv.ca on your side of the border.

                      I would be curious to see.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                        > Do you know if their a site similar to the riv.ca on your side of
                        the border.

                        I was doing most of my wandering around:

                        http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/