Dymags on 2003 TBS

  • Alec Gore
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
      Just received some photos of some dymags fitted to a 2003 TBS.

      What do you think? Personally, I think they clash with the orange,
      but then I don't like that colour scheme anyway.

      I know they would give you the chance to fit a lower profile / wider
      rear tyre, but they just aren't Classic ....

      Anyone with interest or views different to me should speak to Steve
      Lilley at www.jacklilley.com

      Regards

      Alec
    • Alec Gore
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
        Forgot to say that I've posted the pictures in an album called
        Dymags TBS 2003/

        Alec
      • jcatbert45
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@y..., "Alec Gore" <theroad@n...>
          wrote:
          > Forgot to say that I've posted the pictures in an album called
          > Dymags TBS 2003/
          >
          > Alec

          The only thing I don't like about them is the color, you're right, it
          clashes badly. I'd love them in silver. They might match my
          green/gold T-bird ;) I love the idea of TUBELESS tires and no spokes
          to have to clean. Where are they from? Bet they are mucho dinero.

          - Jerry
        • Alec Gore
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
            Jerry,

            Right, not cheap! Available from JL, of course ...

            http://makeashorterlink.com/?F3BE12152

            Regards

            Alec

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
              > Personally, I think they clash with the orange...

              Boy do they ever! Yikes! Make them approximately conventional (e.g.
              chrome the rims and leave the spokes in "flat metal"), though, and you
              could sell me a pair of those.
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
                > Make them approximately conventional (e.g. chrome the
                > rims and leave the spokes in "flat metal"), though, and
                > you could sell me a pair of those.

                Oops...forget it...just saw the price.
              • jcatbert45
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
                  wrote:
                  > Jerry,
                  >
                  > Right, not cheap! Available from JL, of course ...

                  OUCH

                  1,149.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 1,797.96 USD United States
                  Dollars
                • brianposullivan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 29, 2002
                    --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@y..., jcatbert45 <no_reply@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@y..., "Alec Gore"
                    <theroad@n...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Jerry,
                    > >
                    > > Right, not cheap! Available from JL, of course ...
                    > >

                    > OUCH
                    >
                    > 1,149.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 1,797.96 USD United
                    States
                    > Dollars

                    Yep ...expensive.

                    But it fills me with hope - the hard bit about fitting new wheels is
                    getting them correctly spaced/dished, and manufacturing carriers etc
                    for the discs and sprocket.

                    If they can fit the dymags - I'm pretty sure they can fit a set of
                    standard triumph sports wheels - a black pair off the T300 speed
                    triple/daytona would look brilliant and be much cheaper ...IMHO, then
                    I would free from spoke polishing - halleluliah!

                    As soon as the piggy-bank is full - I'm gonna take the plunge...

                    Regards,
                    Brian
                  • pickwickian51@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
                      I was on a Dymag resellers website the other day which had different models
                      of the wheels. There was a set with polished aluminum rims and three red
                      spokes, which would look good on the red TBS. I have been told by my dealer
                      that the price of a replacement wheel similar to OE on the TBS is around $800
                      which was in the ballpark for the front Dymag. As long as you are not getting
                      the carbon fiber or super light mag models it looks like they are priced
                      fairly.

                      Aloha and Happy Trails,

                      Gary Gavin
                      98 Thunderbird Sport