Re: [T TBS R] Right Side Mirror on TBS2000

  • macboots
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6 12:57 PM
      I installed my bar ends without any drill or tapping. I was able to
      find some very long bolts that worked, and while at first I was
      worried the bolts wouldn't be strong enough to handle the bar ends,
      but two years later everything is still fine.

      - Will

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@y..., "Rick Crandall"
      <rick@j...> wrote:
      > Bar ends are great - you can see behind you in your own lane - much
      > safer. You do need to drill out the plugs that are in the ends of
      the
      > handlebars (or drill out the pins that hold the plugs in place).
      >
      > They'll take quite a beating if you drop the bike, but maybe the
      turn
      > signal lights won't take as much of a beating.

    • Niles Reichardt
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7 8:39 AM
        I also have a set of original off of a 98TBS. I replaced mine with mirrors for the low bar option. They are square, and taller, but fit with all of the existing hardware. They work great and actually allow me to see something other than my shoulders. They distort a bit above 70mph, but are rock solid below that. I got them used for $25 from another list member.

        Niles

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 12 9:05 AM
          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@y..., Richard H Gray
          <richardgray1@j...> wrote:

          > Gerard, I have a pair taken off my 2000 Tbs when I had bar-
          end ones
          > installed; they are stock items and in good condition. If
          interested,
          > what are they worth to you ? I do not even know how much dealers
          get for
          > replacements ! If you want them, contact me by E-mail, listed in
          the
          > members profile.
          >
          > Richard H.Gray.

          Richard, I am not sure if my email reached you because the email
          address in the member list seems truncated.. Anyway, I am interested
          to purchase your mirrors. Please let me know.. my email is:
          gerard@...