Re: [T TBS R] Napolean Bar End Mirrors

  • pickwickian51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
      > After many months of wanting to switch from the stock mirrors to the chrome
      > Napolean bar end mirrors, I am being told that they are no longer available.
      >
      > Can anyone confirm this?

      I think that the correct answer may be that Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky
      no longer stocks the chrome mirrors. I got the same answer when I wanted to
      get chrome ones myself. I was able to order them from a Norton spares
      supplier Old Britts in Seattle. I was told that they deal directly with the
      Napoleon supplier. Took about two weeks and they arrived at my door via
      Priority Mail in perfect shape.

      http://www.oldbritts.com/ob_7020.htm

      This is the page the mirrors are on and it indicates they have 4 pair in
      stock.

      Aloha and Happy Trails,

      Gary Gavin
      98 Thunderbird Sport
      02 Mini Cooper

    • Richard H Gray
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
        I have Napoleon Mirrors on my '00 TBS and they are so much better than
        the originals; however, mine are black, not chrome, and indeed I prefer
        them that way ! I did n't know they were/are even made in chrome...
        Anyway, it might be worth a call to the dealer that supplied mine when I
        bought the bike - Moto Europa, an exclusive Ducati dealer in Richmond, VA
        - (804) 355-0550.

        Richard.
      • Alec Gore
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2002
          Your could always use the Halcyon Bar End mirrors, which come in square
          or round and operate in three positions, same as the Napoleons.
          Available from <http://www.jacklilley.com> www.jacklilley.com and
          <http://www.britishcycles.com> www.britishcycles.com. Although, JL are
          in UK, they may be cheaper than British Cycles, even accounting for the
          shipping, because Brit Cycles have to import them from UK and make a
          profit.

          Regards

          Alec