Fwd: 98/99 and 2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport

  • pickwickian51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      Aloha Everyone, Got an interesting reply from US EBC about brake pads. I am
      off on a trip for a week and won't have a chance to compare my old pads to
      verify this. It looks as though my dealer just installed a close match on the
      rear on the first go round by using the FA142 pads.

      In a message dated 8/2/2002 9:47:27 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
      garry@... writes:

      > As for the Thunderbird Sport's, 1998 to 2000, they all take the SAME pad
      > both front's and rear !
      > Correct number is the FA196 ( or FA196HH for US Made sintered metallic
      > compound )
      > EBC has listed the FA196 as the rear pad for all 1998 to 2000 Triumph
      > Thunderbird Sport's,
      > in our 1999, 2001, 2002 catalog's, however we did have a typo in our 2000
      > year book, listed the
      > FA215/2 by mistake.
      >
      > We have never listed the FA142 as a rear for this Triumph !
      > Interestingly, the FA142, and the FA196 EBC pads are similar in shape, the
      > FA142 being
      > just a little "shorter" ( 35mm vs. 39mm ) Both have the same "length" of
      > 101mm.
      >
      > Bottom line... Use the FA196HH ( sintered metallic ) or the FA196 ( organic
      > Kevlar )
      > Wbr
      > Garry Gallagher
      > EBC brakes US Tech

      Have a nice weekend,

      Aloha and Happy Trails,

      Gary Gavin
      98 Thunderbird Sport (with the wrong rear pads)
      02 Mini Cooper

    • jcatbert45
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2002
        >EBC has listed the FA196 as the rear pad for all 1998 to 2000
        >Triumph Thunderbird Sport's

        Not surpisingly my 2K T-Bird uses FA196 front and back also.