Re: [T TBS R] Paint Codes

  • pickwickian51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      doggin_99 writes:

      I'm Still trying to get paint codes from my dealer Rifle wouldn't say
      what code they used because they had to match one of my side pannels.
      They told me to get the paint code from my dealer and the paint they
      use is from Color Rite.(http://www.color-rite.com/)

      I spent some time looking at www.standox.com and DuPont who carries Standox
      in the US. I did not find a listing at Color-Rite. I searched the various
      archives I know about and looked the Triumph Digest FAQ which I thought
      contained much of the information. I thought that I had viewed the codes on
      the Yahoo! Triumph Trophy list but could not find the reference.

      Anyway, guess you could take these numbers into your DuPont automotive paint
      store and get a bit further. For what it's worth the Racing Yellow is
      BEC/1514 (246400) would be my best guess. In the archives I found references
      to the BEC/xxxx coding more often than not. As for the Jet Black the Standox
      site returned PG (270100). The numbers in () must mean something to somebody.
      Also Racing Yellow comes up with three options. The other two are FAA
      (246500) and L458 (also 246500).

      Aloha and Happy Trails,

      Gary Gavin