Re: throttle lock?

  • tbirdsp
    Message 1 of 3929 , Mar 6, 2002
      Alex, on a normal dual throttle cable bike, the
      body of the Vista Cruise is held in place by a
      horizontal tab that goes between where the push and pull
      cables go into the throttle housing. This won't work on
      the TBS. I removed the horizontal portion of the tab
      with a Dremel tool. I then CAREFULLY drilled a very
      small pilot hole through the VC and into the throttle
      housing. Only go as deep as necessary to get through the
      plastic. I then used the shortest screw I could find to
      secure the VC to the housing. Note, the screw doesn't
      have to hold the VC really tight. All it does is keep
      the body of the VC from rotating. In fact, a little
      play may help in the operation of the unit. This all
      is much simpler than it sounds. Hopefully the pic I
      posted explains it better.<br>Vista Cruise makes a
      "Universal" model that secures the unit with a big bar that
      goes across the throttle housing to a bar clamp that
      is inboard of the housing. I just think these look
      kinda silly.<br>Mike Stenger '98 TBS
    • tbsrider2004
      Message 3929 of 3929 , Jan 24, 2005
        Thanks for the advice, but I've just taken delivery this morning of
        the 2 inch mirror extensions made by Norman Kouba at www.koubalink.com
        The best $25 I've spent so far ( I don't like the bar end mirrors ). The finish is
        alloy rather than chrome, but they fit perfectly so you hardly notice them
        until you use the mirrors then you realise you can actually see behind without
        moving your arms! For any UK TBS owners interested the $25 includes airmail
        postage and there's no import duty to pay.

        Paul