quick/cheap luggage ideas? windscreen?

  • alex
    Message 1 of 3929 , Feb 12, 2002
      howdy,<br>i need to go to dallas from san
      francisco, was thinging of taking the tbs. anybody have any
      experience with a non bank-breaking set of bags i can just
      sort of toss on the back? i don't generally ride with
      luggage so i don't want to sink a bunch of time/$$ into
      something fancy or getting it mounted pretty, but i want it
      to hold on for 1800 miles at my usual breakneck
      speeds..<br><br>its a y2k, btw, bone stock, so i think a lot of
      things will fit, just looking for a referral from a
      happy luggage owner somewhere before plunging
      windscreen?<br>what kind? easy to put on?
    • tbsrider2004
      Message 3929 of 3929 , Jan 24, 2005
        Thanks for the advice, but I've just taken delivery this morning of
        the 2 inch mirror extensions made by Norman Kouba at www.koubalink.com
        The best $25 I've spent so far ( I don't like the bar end mirrors ). The finish is
        alloy rather than chrome, but they fit perfectly so you hardly notice them
        until you use the mirrors then you realise you can actually see behind without
        moving your arms! For any UK TBS owners interested the $25 includes airmail
        postage and there's no import duty to pay.

        Paul