Re: [T TBS R] To upgrade, or to sell

  • Richard Fenner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2013

      Nick,

      I bought a bike that had been well-modified here in Canada for my second TBS. Super III pistons; Speed Triple igniter; airbox removed and replaced with K&N tapers; short, flat drag bars (these made a HUGE difference by getting my hands in front of my shoulders and arms out of the airflow); off-road pipes. I subsequently fitted a Corbin Gunfighter seat that I got for $50 shipped on eBay, with the TBS mod already done. It looked spectacular and went like stink!

      I don't know what it cost to mod but labour rates will differ from town to town and you can get a quote based on the above. Dyno'd BHP was 93 at the back wheel (about 100-105 at the crank) with a significant increase in torque. Trust an old, hooligan, ex-fighter pilot biker - it's all you'll ever need.

      Hope this helps with your decision.

      Best of luck,

      Richard.